Question

CDP over Cloud Connect doubt

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi guys,

I am starting to set up CDP replication on Cloud Connect with Veeam 12.

The source and target environments are hosted on vCD.

I have installed I/O filter and configured CDP proxy on both sites.

However, when I go to create a CDP policy to the cloud host/provider, I have no storage policy selectable in the destination.

What is not clear to me is if and how I need to apply the VM storage policy on the VMware side .

According to the official Veeam documentation (https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/cloud/cloud_replication_limitations.html?ver=120#cdp) the custom storage policy for the CDP should be automatically imported from Veeam to vCD, but unfortunately it is not present in my vCD, and the one that Veeam creates by default on the vCenter is not associated with any datastore.

Unfortunately, at the moment I haven't found any other references related to these configurations, and before going to make VMware-side changes I wanted to be sure about what to do.

Any ideas and/or advice?

Thanks

Marco S.

2 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You might need to assign the policy from vCenter that Veeam created to one of your datastores for it to show properly in vCD.  That is my thought on this as I am testing the same similar thing with CDP for VCC stuff for the last chapter of my book. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Perfect..I'll look forward to more book previews then! :D

Comment