CAT NAME WANTED! đŸ±

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

As you know, we need a name for this cat :feet:

There were a lot of suggestions from you across all social media channels, so we put together a shortlist, a poll for community members to choose the best name.

33 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

So many great suggestions! :wink: When do you plan to end the poll?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We will see  :nerd: I thought about 2-3 weeks, @haslund!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Shameless self vote from me.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Veeameow is awesome, but it is very difficult to pronounce :joy: !

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Well, @MicoolPaul , you did what needed to be done! :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yeah, I thought about this too, @joaquim :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hmm 
 not that simple! Interesting here is also, the sound of a cat is pronounced in different countries differently. For example, in Austria we say “miau”. 

Is an American cat say “meow”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We have to give some finality to this situation. 

We also had to keep it to a choice of 10, 10 good names!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Very nice: When you vote, you see the current result!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Should also add that the logo for the Legend is a Lion
 Making this ALL THE MORE IMPORTANT! LOL

Userlevel 6
Badge

I’m glad Alfred is winning! Next step: get a dog and name him BRUCE WAYNE

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Shameless self vote from me.

:see_no_evil:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I wanted to give the cat the name “Dog”. 

KSeniya gave me a very interesting look

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Oh and by the way, Veeam scored a major win by hiring @julianaramos  - welcome to the Veeam Teeam!

Userlevel 6
Badge

Oh and by the way, Veeam scored a major win by hiring @julianaramos  - welcome to the Veeam Teeam!

Thank you so much!! I’m still getting used to it, it’s really #veeamazing! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I wanted to give the cat the name “Dog”. 

KSeniya gave me a very interesting look

Was it my “angry face” look? :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Why Alfred is so popular? I’m interested for science purpose :nerd:

Userlevel 6
Badge

Why Alfred is so popular? I’m interested for science purpose :nerd:

YEAH, We are here for science! :bulb: So, besides from being a really cute name for a kitten, I must tell you there’s a few famous Alfreds we could talk about here. 

First and foremost, Alfred Thaddeus Crane Pennyworth, know in pop culture as Bruce Wayne’s valet. After a varied career, Alfred was employed as the Wayne family valet when Bruce Wayne's parents were killed. Alfred raised the little batman and reluctantly aided him in his quest to become a hero. His many skills— ranging from cooking to medicine—make him Batman's best ally. 

Secondly, we have AN ASTRONAUT! I mean, how cool is that? Alfred Worden was a NASA Astronaut & Apollo 15 Command Module Pilot. His work is known to be unique and prestigious, Worden logged more than 295 hours in space.

Last but not least, we have Alfred Bernhard Nobel, a swedish chemist, engineer, and industrialist who invented dynamite and other more powerful explosives! He is also known as the founder of the Nobel Prize, the world’s most prestigious prize for intellectual services rendered to humanity. 

I know the name suggestions are done, but i would also add Albert (as in for Einstein) and Alan (as in for Turing). And why not a girl’s name? Like Grace, reminding us of Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper, our most esteemed computer scientist and programmer! 

What’s the community take on this? Let me know who’s your favorite Alfred! :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

OMG, @julianaramos! This is huge! What an argument in favor of Alfred! :smile:

Userlevel 6
Badge

I usually name pets in a very thoughtful way :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

My wife said Cookie and Cloudy is a good name

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@julianaramos that was an awesome post and Alfred Pennyworth will forever be my favourite Alfred!

I feel the need to raise the stakes for my Bob the Blogcat now, forget the 2020 Presidentials, this is the real vote!

So, why Bob the Blogcat?

1. In the UK there is a famous story called “A Street Cat Named Bob”, of a guy called James Bowen, who was a busker and drug addict, had nothing going for him, the one day a stray cat that James later named Bob started to accompany him and wouldn’t leave his side, and this turned his life around, James realised he had someone to care for and pulled his life together and has shared his story with the world. In keeping with the terrible theme of 2020, Bob unfortunately passed away this year. So we can immortalise this helper in our forum.
  2. I just liked the bobcat/blogcat pun. Since he features on the Awesome Blogger Badge, I thought it was appropriate.
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I'm wondering why no one has posted any cat pictures/GIFs yet...😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I'm wondering why no one has posted any cat pictures/GIFs yet...😁

Good point, @regnor! :smile:  Let’s fix that! :smile::feet:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Max, the Christmas cat

Comment