Solved

Backup Sharepoint 365 to Azure

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Task is to backup  our customers Sharepoint365  to Azure storage.

Customer is without on premise solutions except bunch of laptops, no mailboxes are used (mail is hosted elsewhere) , so plan is to use “Veeam backup for MS 365” from Azure marketplace, some blob storage and licenses of course. 

My question is : if i backup only Sharepoint  how much licences do i need?

Regards, 

Drazen

icon

Best answer by Mildur 18 October 2022, 09:35

View original

2 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You need licenses for each user which has access to the SharePoint Sites you backup.

Licensing and License Types - Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 Guide

Microsoft SharePoint Online and on-premises Microsoft SharePoint personal sites

Additionally, each user in your Microsoft 365 subscription (or on-premises deployment) that has been granted access to team, communication, collaboration and other non-personal SharePoint sites that you plan to back up must be licensed.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for answer!

Now i am in testing phase with trial licence with goal to backup data onto Azure blob.

But, obviously im missing something because while creating new job i cannot chose to backup ono that particular blob which is added as Object storage repo. Also have tried extending backup repo to object storage repo but without success.

I can only create backup job which saves data onto local repos.

My environment is VeeamO365 VM located in Azure, storage account with blob container configured per MS and Veeam documentation, licence is valid Evaluation.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Comment