Solved

Backup Configuration job warning after upgrade to VBR12 RTM

Show first post

38 comments

I am getting the “Warning Failed to connect to AWS plug-in” and “Warning Failed to connect to GCP plug-in” error from my Configuration Backup job too.

I am on:

This server was an in-place upgrade from V11.

I did not/do not have the AWS or GCP plugins installed.

Same here. Configuration backup flag is warning since the upgrade V11->V12(RTM).

No AWS used at all … on both servers :-( that have been upgraded ...

Same with us since the RTM 12 upgrade of Veeam. When doing a configuration Backup the AWS warnign appears int ehWe also don’t use AWS warning appears in the result.

“Warning Failed to connect to AWS plug-in: Failed to login to platform service: The HTTP resource that matches the request URI 'https://server:9402/api/v1/account/login' is not supported.”

After typing the uri into a web browser session on the local backup server I receive the following answer:

errorCode    "MethodNotAllowed"
message    "HTTP Method not allowed"
resourceId    null

Further investigations look like that the Veeam service has got a problem with self signed certificate on the local backup server.
Is there any update on this issue, yet?

GA is released now. Is there a solution to this Problem with RTM installed?

Did anyone open a support case regarding this issue?

being out of office today I could open one tomorrow ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

M..interesting, the configuration backup is back to normal after I migrated the existing VBR 12 server (it was migrated from v11a to v12 RTM) to the new server with PostgreSQL. I did not try to migrate to the new server with Microsoft SQL yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The database was upgraded to the last version with all improvements when migrating to PostgreSQL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I am getting the “Warning Failed to connect to AWS plug-in” and “Warning Failed to connect to GCP plug-in” error from my Configuration Backup job too.

I am on:

This server was an in-place upgrade from V11.

I did not/do not have the AWS or GCP plugins installed.

Hi @clowg have you tried installing the AWS and GCP plugins?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I agree that PostgreSQL improvements are better than SQL, but I don’t think the issues relate to the database. I think VBR 12 RTM may not upgrade the API urI perfectly (The HTTP resource that matches the request URI 'https://vbr11:9402/api/v1/account/login' is not supported).

After migrating to the new server with Microsoft SQL, the issues are also gone.

Hello

The issue is confirmed by our team for In-place upgrades to RTM.

The cause are the outdated plugins which are still installed after the upgrade. A new installation of v12 RTM won‘t have that issue.

We will change that behavior for our GA release.

Best,

Fabian

Any ideas how to solve this problem with RTM release?

Regards Markus

No I havent - I don’t need them.

Are you saying you HAVE TO install them to get rid of this error in the log?

Found the result AWS Service was not running on the Server

I found that after another reboot of the VBR 12 server the AWS & GCP errors have gone away :)

Comment