Solved

Backup Configuration job warning after upgrade to VBR12 RTM

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
  • Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend
  • 192 comments

Any idea for this? It’s pure Hyper-V with Azure, not AWS.

1/31/2023 10:06:49 AM Warning Failed to connect to AWS plug-in: Failed to login to platform service: The HTTP resource that matches the request URI 'https://vbr11:9402/api/v1/account/login' is not supported.

icon

Best answer by Mildur 2 February 2023, 07:45

View original

38 comments

I found that after another reboot of the VBR 12 server the AWS & GCP errors have gone away :)

Found the result AWS Service was not running on the Server

I installed the latest patch release, and am still getting the errors in the Config Backup job log:

27/04/2023 10:00:31 AM Warning Failed to connect to AWS plug-in: Failed to login to platform service: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:9402

27/04/2023 10:00:26 AM Warning Failed to connect to GCP plug-in: Failed to login to platform service: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it X.X.X.X:9403

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You can also update to the newest patch and check again if you see the error. We solved over 100 known issues with that patch.

https://www.veeam.com/kb4420

No I havent - I don’t need them.

Are you saying you HAVE TO install them to get rid of this error in the log?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I am getting the “Warning Failed to connect to AWS plug-in” and “Warning Failed to connect to GCP plug-in” error from my Configuration Backup job too.

I am on:

This server was an in-place upgrade from V11.

I did not/do not have the AWS or GCP plugins installed.

Hi @clowg have you tried installing the AWS and GCP plugins?

I am getting the “Warning Failed to connect to AWS plug-in” and “Warning Failed to connect to GCP plug-in” error from my Configuration Backup job too.

I am on:

This server was an in-place upgrade from V11.

I did not/do not have the AWS or GCP plugins installed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Lennart

Please update the AWS plugin to the newest version (12.0.6.956). You can download the plugin on our download page
https://www.veeam.com/backup-replication-vcp-download.html.

Best,

Fabian

Same here. Build 12.0.0 1420 P20230223

Unfortunately, I’m not able to uninstall AWS-Plugin:

“C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Veeam.Uninstaller.exe
Auf das angegebene Gerät bzw. den Pfad oder die Datei kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Sie verfügen ggf. nicht über ausreichende Berechtigungen, um auf das Element zugreifen zu können.”

Just wanted to mention that this issue is being encountered with a client of mine that was upgraded to the v12 GA release.  Looking at manually running the plug-in installers over again from the install media and seeing if that does the trick.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello

If you still see the warning, you can uninstall the aws plugin on your backup server. A new plugin version will soon be provided with the new version of Veeam Backup for AWS.

Best,

Fabian

I am receiving the “Failed to connect to AWS plug-in” warning even though I upgraded using the GA ISO. I am on build 12.0.0.1420.

In version 12.0.0.1420 I also have this warning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I just did update my lab from RTM to GA, and the warning no longer appears. So solved in my case.

I am receiving the “Failed to connect to AWS plug-in” warning even though I upgraded using the GA ISO. I am on build 12.0.0.1420.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

V12: RTM to GA Patch is out:

https://www.veeam.com/kb4415

The patch will fix the notification warning :)

• Configuration backup with encryption enabled completes with the warning:
    Failed to connect to AWS plug-in

Thanks,

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ROLS733 

You need to wait for the “RTM-To-GA” Patch. It shouldn’t take to long.

I will update this post with the KB article after the release.

Best,

Fabian

What Mildur says - but I expect it Friday. The internal communication was that the patch would be readh Thursday close-of-business from the devs; then the KB made right after that - so Friday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ROLS733 

You need to wait for the “RTM-To-GA” Patch. It shouldn’t take to long.

I will update this post with the KB article after the release.

Best,

Fabian

GA is released now. Is there a solution to this Problem with RTM installed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mildur Thank you for the update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mildur Thanks for the feedback!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Markus

For now please ignore the warning. We plan to provide a better solution when GA is released. Also RTM can be upgraded to GA if we have a new build.

Best,

Fabian

Hello

The issue is confirmed by our team for In-place upgrades to RTM.

The cause are the outdated plugins which are still installed after the upgrade. A new installation of v12 RTM won‘t have that issue.

We will change that behavior for our GA release.

Best,

Fabian

Any ideas how to solve this problem with RTM release?

Regards Markus

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello

The issue is confirmed by our team for In-place upgrades to RTM.

The cause are the outdated plugins which are still installed after the upgrade. A new installation of v12 RTM won‘t have that issue.

We will change that behavior for our GA release.

Best,

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I agree that PostgreSQL improvements are better than SQL, but I don’t think the issues relate to the database. I think VBR 12 RTM may not upgrade the API urI perfectly (The HTTP resource that matches the request URI 'https://vbr11:9402/api/v1/account/login' is not supported).

After migrating to the new server with Microsoft SQL, the issues are also gone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The database was upgraded to the last version with all improvements when migrating to PostgreSQL.

Comment