Anyone know of an iOS app

Userlevel 5
Badge

I have heard of a few 3rd party apps for iOS but they dont seem to be up and running anymore

does anyone know of a way to manage or even view my VEEAM environment via an app for iOS?

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Personally I don’t want any 3rd party apps managing or accessing my last line of defense.

I also don’t want phones able to hit that network.

Read the best practices guide and study the security side. Create a separate VLAN, keep it off the domain, and limit as much access as you can. Phones are becoming less secure these days with rogue apps being removed all the time. Phones can be lost as well. 

That out of the way Veeam do not make an IOS app to manage your environment. Even if they did most people wouldn’t open up Veeam to the cloud. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yeah...as Scott stated, no apps, & nor would  I want one, even for an Android person that I am. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @clownyboots178 ,

You may find this link useful as it addresses similar concern: https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/veeam-mobile-apps-needed-t59971.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Don't like apple to begin with but never heard of an app and even the one I have seen on Android is not the greatest. Easier to connect to a laptop and then to the server. 😂

Userlevel 5
Badge

All fair points guys, and thanks for chiming in on this

I guess all of that being said, I wouldn't want a way to see my environment from a mobile option as well

I guess I can always fine tune and configure VEEAM ONE and its reporting show me what I want and as often as I want - That is the safest way and probably the most preferred way 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

In the past I used to have access over my phone and tablet to my Veeam Enterprise Manager, 

pretty handy for fist look and setting up very low access rights, just for a quick look that everything was all right!

Totally agree that your Veeam B&R Console should not be exposed or “in contact” with the exterior world, or a phone application! 
its you last resort in case of attack, disaster, etc. so big thing to keep in mind!

cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

On this topic, I think at most I’d like Veeam ONE style reporting on my phone. You don’t need an app to achieve that, you can achieve this in iOS if you’re using an MDM without an app. You can create a shortcut to your VeeamONE web page on your home screen, and you can configure your MDM to connect if needed to a VPN and specify domains that would trigger this behaviour.

Would have to enroll my mobile phone to test this but could be an interesting project 🤷‍♂️

Comment