All I want for Christmas is LDAP!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This may be a head in the clouds idea/thought, but I really wish there were way (and there may be and I just don’t know about it) to link Veeam to Active Directory and stored domain credentials automatically get updated whenever a needed password gets changed or updated due to rotation policies. No more ‘RPC server unavailable’ errors!

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Why is this marked as a question :) 

Use gMSA Account in V12 and you don‘t have to store or update the credentials for Application Aware Processing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Use gMSA Account in V12 and you don‘t have to store or update the credentials for Application Aware Processing.

We will definitely be doing that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I could be mistaken but I think in v12 the gMSA is what will do this.  I need to look at the feature again to be sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just a question for now:

Do you normally ingress the VBR server into domain?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Just a question for now:

Do you normally ingress the VBR server into domain?

That’s a great question. We keep the backup servers off of the domain for security reasons. That may nullify the entire idea, potentially.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

That’s a great question. We keep the backup servers off of the domain for security reasons. That may nullify the entire idea, potentially.

Not for gMSA.

Only the guest interaction proxy needs to be in the domain. That can be any managed windows server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Just changed that to discussion for @bp4JC  :D Nice title! Always inspired, @bp4JC !

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Just changed that to discussion for @bp4JC  :D Nice title! Always inspired, @bp4JC !

Thanks! I forgot to change it when I made the topic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Not for gMSA.

Only the guest interaction proxy needs to be in the domain. That can be any managed windows server.

This is freaking awesome. This will definitely be a game changing feature and what I am looking forward to the most. That and maybe a purple UI theme…?

Comment