Skip to main content

So, our kid is becoming a teenager…

17 years of Ubuntu!

Do you use Ubuntu on your IT/Veeam projects?

How often do you use it?

Here’s mine:

I always use Ubuntu 20.04 LTS for my hardened repos. It is so easy to deploy and manage that!

Use Ubuntu 20.04 for Hardened Repos with XFS and starting to use them as Proxies now as well in v11a since the transport modes are same as Windows. :smiley:

I began to use Ubuntu for Veeam Proxies. I am still in testing phase, but I think it will go into production soon.

Proxys and repos :)

I use Ubuntu as a base system for pentesting and osing vm :relaxed: everyelse is powered by Microsoft.

Love this! I remember first using Ubuntu on version 10.04 (Lucid Lynx!!!). I remember looking at CentOS at the same time and Ubuntu just felt so much better to use, apt vs rpm/yum, nano included etc, everything felt much more user friendly!

Happy Birthday Ubuntu, you’ll forever be my favourite Linux 💚

Love this! I remember first using Ubuntu on version 10.04 (Lucid Lynx!!!). I remember looking at CentOS at the same time and Ubuntu just felt so much better to use, apt vs rpm/yum, nano included etc, everything felt much more user friendly!

Seconded! Ubuntu is user friendly. Here are some guides on how to administer ubuntu and CentOS with Cockpit: 
Ubuntu Linux post-installation of Network Properties, Guest Integration and Web Administration using Cockpit
Installation and configuration of Cockpit on CentOS Linux

About CentOS, gonna be EOL on 31 December 2021. That’s so sad.

In some place I have the original media of this one. Some years ago, Canonical sent to users that would like to receive the hard copy of ISO’s. Was funny!

About CentOS, gonna be EOL on 31 December 2021. That’s so sad.

It is sad as we need to move to another OS since we have many of those deployed. 😂

Comment