VMware KBs Issues Resolved

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’m sure you all are aware VMware had an issue with v8U2 to where if you hot resized your VM virtual disks, CBT would lose change data, causing Veeam (or, any solution) backup issues. You can reference a couple VMware KBs here and here. There was a great deal of “buzz” on this in a post on the Veeam Forums.

VMware released a patch to vCenter Server a couple weeks ago (v8U2b), but keep in mind...updating vCenter doesn’t resolve the issue, as the problem is with ESXi Hosts...not vCenter. I hadn’t heard/seen anything up until recently that VMware also released a patch for ESXi which now should resolve the CBT issue. Personally, I’m going to wait before I update my vSphere Hosts. I always give patch updates a couple mos or so to make sure there are no further bugs in them...unless of course the update is a critical security one.

Anyway...I just wanted to make folks aware, if you weren’t already. If this was already posted somewhere..I didn’t see it, so apologies if so.

2 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have updated both vCenter and ESXi with the new U2b patch and things are working well.  The CBT bug seems to be fixed which is a good thing.  😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ah, ok. That’s good to know...thanks Chris. Then I may roll this out sooner than I intented. 😊

Comment