Solved

Question of the day 20/09, Cybersecurity Edition

• 20 September 2022
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Day 17

What’s a “Level 3” application in a Business Impact Analysis when talking about RPO and RTO? (Veeam’s blog level model) 

• Mission-critical applications requiring an RTPO of less than 15 minutes
  • Enterprise-critical applications requiring 2-hour RTOs and 2-hour RPOs
  • Non-critical applications requiring 4-hour RTOs and 24-hour RPOs
  • Business-critical applications requiring 2-hour RTOs and 4-hour RPOs
  • Real-Time-critical applications requiring an RTPO of less than 3 minutes
icon

Best answer by marcofabbri 21 September 2022, 08:52

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Real-Time-critical applications requiring an RTPO of less than 3 minutes

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
  • Real-Time-critical applications requiring an RTPO of less than 3 minutes
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Ok, I think this one was a little too difficult, even I didn’t know the answer before searching and writing this question.

Based on this article https://www.veeam.com/blog/it/rto-rpo-definitions-values-common-practice.html, level 3 is

• Non-critical applications requiring 4-hour RTOs and 24-hour RPOs

Because it’s pure theory and I don’t want select mine for correct answer, if someone wants to add more details, I’ll pin that for the correct one! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Interesting, the linked blog entry is in Italian… 🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Interesting, the linked blog entry is in Italian… 🤣🤣🤣

This one is the english ver.

https://www.veeam.com/blog/recovery-time-recovery-point-objectives.html

Userlevel 5
Badge

In my opinion Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Recovery Time Objective (RTO) values can vary from one company to another, but they are always a reconcile and an agreement between your business Needs at the Availability level and the IT investments needed. The calculation of these values should be the result of a discussion between IT and business managers

Userlevel 5
Badge
  • RPO goals limit how far back you can go back to a point in time and define the maximum amount of lost data, measured in terms of time from the time the failure occurred, to the last valid backup.
  • RTO goals are for outages and represent the time it takes to recover from the time of the incident until users can return to normal activity.

Comment