Guidelines for Cyber Security Space

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Good morning folks!

The day to update the Cyber Security Space and bring it to the Next Gen version has come.
Since this area was born it has changed a lot: we started with topics about interesting and free certifications courses in the most disparate areas of IT, then brought a daily quiz themed Veeam Cybersec (and we will return with an edition 2023), and finally we shared CVEs and alerts almost in real time (must say, great job guys!).

We thought a lot about how to improve again this area and take in to the next level. What do we need? What are we missing? Maybe we're moving away from what's is really matter for who visits this site?

Well, we are the Veeam Community and we must try to get closer and embrace the green heart again, leaving aside what has nothing to do with the macroarea on which Veeam's products operate. Should us bother if a messaging app or ads system has a new CVE? Maybe yes, maybe not, but what is sure it's "less important" than if a CVE is related to an OS where Veeam Console is installed. It doesn't mean that we don't have to talk about IT outside Veeam, but for that we have created and dedicated a specific topic called "OFFTOPIC".

If you've read this far, thank you. Here's the important part, the guidelines that we suggest to follow for future topics and posts in the Cyber Security Space. It's a game-change? Yes and no, as IT teaches us every day.

1. If you share a link, explain it. Even just bringing your own experience. It's not a RSS feed.
  2. Stay close to the macroarea where Veeam operates.
  3. Always check the sources.
  4. Please keep the discussion respectful, and agnostic.  While we are on a Veeam property, we're building a community for all cyber security professionals who work with all industries and technologies.
  5. Have fun :)

We are open to changes and improvements and as always we rely on you.
Thanks for being part of this community. 💚

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Marco,
thanks for clarifying and sharpening the rules for this group.
What is about news about malware and attack vectors? It's not completely Veeam specific, but it relates to data protection/security...

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks Joe for this question!

I think news about malware and attack vectors have a green light. Topics mustn’t be Veeam specific, but Veeam related 😉 Idk, like if a major NAS vendor has a CVE, creating a new discussion about that is super useful ‘cause that NAS could be used as backup repository (and so it’s around veeam world!)

Please don’t see this as rules, but just as suggested guidelines!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I think news about malware and attack vectors have a green light. Topics mustn’t be Veeam specific, but Veeam related 😉 Idk, like if a major NAS vendor has a CVE, creating a new discussion about that is super useful ‘cause that NAS could be used as backup repository (and so it’s around veeam world!)

Thanks for sharing the guidelines, Marco.   I think CVEs that surround VMware or Microsoft (Hyper-V mainly) would also be relevant posts since Veeam backs these up.  😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for sharing the rules, Marco.   I think CVEs that surround VMware or Microsoft (Hyper-V mainly) would also be relevant posts since Veeam backs these up.  😎

Those are almost the foundation haha 😁

But please, don’t call them rules. 🙏🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing the rules, Marco.   I think CVEs that surround VMware or Microsoft (Hyper-V mainly) would also be relevant posts since Veeam backs these up.  😎

Those are almost the foundation haha 😁

But please, don’t call them rules. 🙏🏻

Thanks.  Changed my post to say “guidelines” instead.  😋

Comment