Billions Passwords and Credentials Leaked

• 31 January 2024
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Stay vigilant out there. A new leak is going around the darkest parts of the web this week. 

“The supermassive leak contains data from numerous previous breaches, comprising an astounding 12 terabytes of information, spanning over a mind-boggling 26 billion records. The leak, which contains LinkedIn, Twitter, Weibo, Tencent, and other platforms’ user data, is almost certainly the largest ever discovered.”

If you think you may be affected, its a good idea to change your passwords and of course, enable MFA if you have that option. This new leak seems to be data from previous leaks all packaged up nicely for anyone to use. 

https://cybernews.com/security/billions-passwords-credentials-leaked-mother-of-all-breaches/

*Reposting this as content - I didn’t see the question flag on the other post.

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I was wondering… 😂

My comment still stands...MySpace is still a thing?? 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I was wondering… 😂

My comment still stands...MySpace is still a thing?? 😄

Far more used to the RnD forums, didn’t realize this one defaulted to questions.

MySpace… where Tom is your friend. :D 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Well, my other comment from your other post still stands.  But MFA to the rescue as always.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

hahaha I had created an acct on there, but never really used or, or learned how. I did end up speaking with one person..a former HS classmate. But, at about the same time, I learned about a cool new online ‘tool’ called Facebook 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Unfortunately, we are at the stage where not if a breach will occur but when. This is probably scratching the surface as a lot of smaller places may be storing data incorrectly and may have been breached but they will not know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Unfortunately, we are not at the stage where not if a breach will occur but when. This is probably scratching the surface as a lot of smaller places may be storing data incorrectly and may have been breached but they will not know. 

True 😕

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Unfortunately, we are at the stage where not if a breach will occur but when. This is probably scratching the surface as a lot of smaller places may be storing data incorrectly and may have been breached but they will not know. 

Supply chain attack?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Supply chain attack?

Those are even harder to detect. SolarWinds, for example is a major one where the attackers modified code that customers ran as the binaries were signed. 

Comment