Backup Scanning Tools

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello community,

in the past months I've shared a few scripts in the community script library, which among other things could scan the backups for threats. 

Now that there is another tool/script in the pipeline I thought it might be useful to control all the "scanning scripts" via a selection menu. In this way, the corresponding parameters can also be queried for the various script functions.

Down below a picture of the first attempt (Menu items not complete yet 😉 ). Now I would like to hear from you if the tools are used and if the menu would be helpful. Feedback welcome!

And before I forget: The new script in the pipeline uses Instant VM Disk Recovery to present disk(s) to an "empty" VM, which then starts a Rescue CD. This allows different scan scenarios to be run. Sounds cool?

Happy Monday!

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Wow!!
It sounds amazing!!

thanks a lot for sharing this!

What a piece of gold!

I will give it a shot into my homelab asap!!!!

cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Sounds like a great initiative as scanning is always welcome. Thanks for sharing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great concept @SteveHeart ! Appreciate you providing to the Community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I enjoy the scripting but haven’t used much.  That said, a menu system for this sort of thing is very welcomed, and I for one like the look of your screenshot below.  Appreciate you contributions to the community!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Excellent effort. The more tools we have the better. Thanks Steve

Comment