Solved

Anyone else here have a membership to ComptiaISAO?

• 18 January 2024
  • 4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Folks,

In my new role I have been added to a corporate membership at ComptiaISAO. To be honest I had no clue this even existed. The last time I dealt with anything comptia was when I passed the A+ and N+ exams back in… well never mind the year.

I am a bit overwhelmed by the stream of security info/threat alerts and was wondering if anyone else here also has a membership. 

If so will you be going to Chicago in March to the event? If so please DM me as I will be there and so far I don’t know anyone who I have seen on the lists.

icon

Best answer by Geoff Burke 18 January 2024, 14:38

View original

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yeah..CompTIA is still a thing. Interestingly enough, I just received updated badge award notifications for my Credly acct. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂 I had achieved the A+, Net+, and Sec+ certs back in the day. I will say..that A+ exam was no joke. I assume it still is. Net+ & Sec+ were fairly easy imo.

But no...not going to the event. Enjoy Geoff!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I did the A+ back when they asked about parallel ports for printers. Yeah the security area is pretty impressive and the constant threat alerts pretty eye opening. I was on the Monthly call yesterday and found it pretty fascinating. Again though the amount of bad stuff happening out there is hard to fathom. 

https://connect.comptia.org/connect/public-sector/public-technology-institute/comptia-isao

https://connect.comptia.org/content/articles/what-is-an-isao

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

No membership here but that would be interesting.  Never really did any of the CompTIA stuff myself but depending on the offerings would consider it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yeah..CompTIA is still a thing. Interestingly enough, I just received updated badge award notifications for my Credly acct. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂 I had achieved the A+, Net+, and Sec+ certs back in the day. I will say..that A+ exam was no joke. I assume it still is. Net+ & Sec+ were fairly easy imo.

But no...not going to the event. Enjoy Geoff!

I had to take the A+ in order to get another cert to qualify for a promotion.  I think I actually did crack a book for it, but it was far different than the A+-based class that I had taken in college.  In that class, we were learning how to configure IRQ’s and DMA’s and such, and physically disassemble and reassemble computers.  A lot has a changed, and I remember a lot more was focused on customer care and desk-side manor, etc.

Comment