VUG Cloud City Welcome meeting recording now available online

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Everyone!

If you were unable to attend the Welcome To Cloud City meeting, the recording is available online.

Welcome To Cloud City

Enjoy!

Hin Tang

13 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge

I could not attend live but was able to watch it later on Youtube.

Great content provided by @HangTen416 and @MicoolPaul about cloud storage available options with clear information about how they replicate!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Perfect timing since I couldn't attend live.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Same here! Thank you for sharing since I could not attend the live session. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for sharing guys!

I will definitely watch later.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you everybody that attended, and hopefully it gave a taste of what’s to come!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for posting the link.  Somehow one of the emails I got stated an hour later than what it was, so I missed it live.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for letting us know on that. As these meetings need to accomodate multiple time zones, I think it’ll be best if we supply a table of time zones and the start time for each of them, what do you think @HangTen416?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Maybe @safiya or @Madi.Cristil can confirm but the email reminder just shows the time in the timezone in which it’s being presented. The Event page in the community displays the time of the meeting I am currently in. So if the e-mail can reference the Event page, it will be another way to confirm the correct starting time. Also, the Event page has an option to Add to Google Calendar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for letting us know on that. As these meetings need to accomodate multiple time zones, I think it’ll be best if we supply a table of time zones and the start time for each of them, what do you think @HangTen416?

I suspect the issue was that the time zone was accounted for, but not Daylight Savings Time.  It was really strange to me, but I think it was in CST (Central Standard Time) and not CDT (Central Daylight Time).  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Also, the Event page has an option to Add to Google Calendar.

Don’t get me started on this….buuut….okay fine…..show of hands:  Who here is putting these in a Google Calendar, vs an Outlook Calendar?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Don’t get me started on this….buuut….okay fine…..show of hands:  Who here is putting these in a Google Calendar, vs an Outlook Calendar?

I agree with you there. I don’t know why it only has a Google Calendar option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Maybe @safiya or @Madi.Cristil can confirm but the email reminder just shows the time in the timezone in which it’s being presented. The Event page in the community displays the time of the meeting I am currently in. So if the e-mail can reference the Event page, it will be another way to confirm the correct starting time. Also, the Event page has an option to Add to Google Calendar.

You are correct, @HangTen416 !

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @dloseke ! We are looking into a better livestreaming option at the moment , so hopefully that will have options for other calendars versus Google one! 

Comment