Oracle Achieves Top Secret Cloud Authorization

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oracle-achieves-top-secret-cloud-authorization-301900159.html

I saw this news report today and thought it might be a good chance to discuss a possible future Veeam Backup product for Oracle Cloud. I don’t now if it’s in the works or not.

What experiences do we have in the Veeam community around Oracle Cloud and requests to back up and protect workloads there?

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A new Veeam product to protect Oracle Cloud would mean more work for me and @barellag 🤣

I see many companies here in South America using the Object Storage from Oracle Cloud to store VBR backups, but didn’t see any case about protect cloud native VMS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Well, we know there will be users that will want this, so it is a good starting point for discussion, I think.  Interesting read and considering it is top secret too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I recall seeing Oracle’s cloud share sitting around 2%, so whilst they’ve got enough money to not count them out yet, I think that’ll need to grow for Veeam to justify an investment in Oracle Cloud. I can’t say I’ve had any requests yet to support them.

Oracle Cloud is interesting as they advertise regions that support Azure interconnect. Feels like they’re trying to be a complimentary multi-cloud 🤷‍♂️

Comment