VSPC - A Service Providers Best Friend

• 8 December 2023
  • 2 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I thought I’d put my thoughts on Veeam Service Provider Console out there. Hopefully, it will be of use to MSP’s out there.

Working in the MSP space for the last 10+ years managing multiple deployments has always been time-consuming, especially as most MSPs usually distribute this workload to operational teams rather than having a dedicated team managing the platform. Enter Veeam Service Provider Console. I believe that Veeam Service Provider Console is one of the products least used to its full potential by MSPs. Deployed correctly it can be a very useful and time-saving addition to your toolset.

What is Veeam Service Provider Console?

Veeam Service Provider Console provides centralized management and monitoring of your various Veeam deployments such as VBR servers, M365 & Agents.

Why should I use it?

Version 8 of the console brings a raft of new features and behind-the-scenes improvements, many of which are driven by community feedback. I have been using VSPC since its days as VAC and each release brings additional functionality, for an MSP I cannot stress how useful this product is and it's free!

• Centralised usage reporting for VRA.
  • Centralised License Management via Pulse plugin.
  • Centralised Job Monitoring and Reporting.
  • Patching.
  • Quota Management.
  • API Access.
  • Streamlined Billing.
  • Self-Service.
  • Backup Reporting – Tenants can view their backup success rates.
  • Automated log creation and submission.
  • Multi-Tenant support for Hosted environments.
  • M365 Backup Integration.
  • Veeam One Integration.
  • Unstructured Data Reporting.

For those not using Veeam One, there are OOB plugins for Grafana and ConnectWise, as well as the ability to utilize the REST API and PowerShell to integrate into your own monitoring platforms as we ourselves have done.

If you require any more information the product page for VSPC can be found here Veeam Service Provider Console

If you’re an MSP and looking to leverage VSPC more reach out to your SE. The forums https://forums.veeam.com/ is a great place to ask questions and feature requests or drop me a message on here and I’ll try to help or point you in the right direction.

2 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing this, Mark.  I am looking forward to these new features in v8 once we upgrade from v7.  Planning is in the works along with testing now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I’ve already upgraded to v8..great product for MSP, thanks Veeam! 😋💚

Comment