Veeam Certified Architect 2022 - Course Review

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This week I was able to sit the VMCA2022 course on Thursday and Friday.  The course was taken through HPE Learning and is a two day course.  The course is the entire day for the duration and is jam packed with great content and labs.  My instructor was George Vish II and he was extremely great with the course teaching.

Overview:

The course takes you through the new “Design Methodology” of Veeam and covers the following topics -

• Discovery
  • Conceptual Design
  • Logical Design
  • Physical/Tangible Design
  • Implementation & Governance
  • Validation and Iteration

The course is mix of both lecture and lab work using the Veeam Activity Guide document which lays out the methodology, Architecture principles, the Scenario you work on and all the required details including questions with answers and charts that you fill in.

You are taught in the Discovery phase how to get things like -

• Requirements
  • Security Requirements
  • Constraints
  • Assumptions
  • Risks
  • Other Information pertinent to the project

Labs - Group Work

During the labs (well technically not hands on with Veeam itself) you work in groups to fill out the charts in the document for each phase of your Scenario given.  You populate all the information regarding discovery, sizing, etc.  You also use some calculators that are recommend by Veeam -

These two sites come in handy for calculations. The other great thing with the document you use is that they have links that take you to the Wolfram Alpha site with example calculations so you just need to change the values to what is relevant to your scenario - pretty slick!

As you work through the document, each person took the lead for a section so that you can get input from everyone in the group and fill in the charts, data, etc.   I was lucky as the class I was in was just three students so we all worked in one group and the instructor joined for questions and acted as the customer in the scenario if we had more questions or needed a nudge/hint for things. :smiley:

Overall

If any of you are thinking about doing the VMCA2022 exam I could not recommend enough taking this course before you do.  It is truly amazing the work that has gone in to this one compared to the older VMCA and I know @haslund has done tremendous work too with the course content.

I can truly say that this has help me better understand how Veeam can and should be architected which I will bring to my role at work.  Along with the great document that you get a copy of with all the answers including the links to the calculation sites, recommendations, etc. makes this invaluable.

All I can say is take the course as you won’t be disappointed at all!!

:sunglasses:

22 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

More information also here in @MicoolPaul post - VMCA 2022 Released! | Veeam Community Resource Hub

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Great Report Chris! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thx for sharing @Chris.Childerhose , I have already scheduled the course in December and I’m looking forward to it :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thx for sharing @Chris.Childerhose , I have already scheduled the course in December and I’m looking forward to it :wink:

No problem. Highly recommended.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Awesome post @Chris.Childerhose !

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Awesome post @Chris.Childerhose !

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I would have thought that the course is much more theoretically; it sounds like an interesting concept. Thanks for posting @Chris.Childerhose 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I would have thought that the course is much more theoretically; it sounds like an interesting concept. Thanks for posting @Chris.Childerhose 

No problem. Really great course 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for the great re-view, Chris! I enjoyed the course too!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thx for sharing @Chris.Childerhose

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for the great re-view, Chris! I enjoyed the course too!

No problem. It was an amazing course for sure

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great Review Chris, i enjoyed the course.  From my pov, one additional day would not be too much could be exhausting for the brain if running at the end of the week :sweat_smile:

I will add this calculator for the nas part, this was shared by @haslund 

https://cloudoasis.com.au/nas-calculator/

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great Review Chris, i enjoyed the course.  From my pov, one additional day would not be too much could be exhausting for the brain if running at the end of the week :sweat_smile:

I will add this calculator for the nas part, this was shared by @haslund 

https://cloudoasis.com.au/nas-calculator/

Yeah I had it end of week (Thurs/Fri) and another day, even half day would be good.  Thanks for adding the calculator as I have all the other links too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

thanks for share 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @Chris.Childerhose for sharing your experience.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks @Chris.Childerhose for sharing your experience.. 

Thanks.  Now I need to pass the exam on the 23rd and the VMCE 2021 on the 18th. 😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks.  Now I need to pass the exam on the 23rd and the VMCE 2021 on the 18th. 😜

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

That’s a tight schedule, but I’m sure you will make it :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Nice light-review @Chris.Childerhose , this will be gold when’ll be my turn.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That’s a tight schedule, but I’m sure you will make it :blush:

Thanks just need them out of the way so next year focus can shift to other exams needed to update. :joy:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I just finished the course :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Agreed - great course! I did a review of it on LI back in Dec if anyone is interested:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/veeam-certified-architect-2022-v11-exam-review-shane-williford/?trackingId=oZ2t0TV2N6X7aeVBtH41vg%3D%3D

You’ll do great on the exam Chris!

Cheers!

Comment