Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 - New setup design

Userlevel 7
Badge +14
​It's been almost a month since the release of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v6. If you're looking for all the details of v6, then check out @MicoolPaul’s post:

Until now no bigger problems were discovered or reported. There's only a known issue, that the CPU load in idle is higher then usual; no big issue, but if you want to solve that, there's a hotfix available: https://www.veeam.com/kb4294

One change, which didn’t get much attention so far, is the newly designed setup:

I really like the new fresh look, compared to the old setup. It’s clean, modern and good looking. And it also updates the Veeam Explorers during the setup/upgrade process; in previous versions, those had to be manually installed.

Want a comparison to the old setup? Here’s how it looked in v5.

What do you think? Which setup is the better one?

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I love the new setup experience, always felt strange running the explorer MSIs separately (especially since they don’t support being standalone installed without VBR/VBR Console/VBM365 anyway).

Thanks for linking to my post as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The new setup is great. Going to be starting a blog series soon on it hopefully next week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The new setup is great. Going to be starting a blog series soon on it hopefully next week.

Nice, don’t forget to cross-post here! Any details what angle you’re taking on it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Nice, don’t forget to cross-post here! Any details what angle you’re taking on it?

I will cross post for sure. Going to take the MSP view and angle since I work for one.

Comment