Question

Unable to process server: backup agent is missing

• 1 August 2023
  • 5 comments

Userlevel 1

i am facing issue with adding linux server to backup, bakcup fail after 3 minutes with error 

Unable to process server: backup agent is missing. veeam v12

do we miss anything else, i have added the server through job backup with the wizard and added the root user.

but it failed any suggestions please.

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Are you trying to process this backup as a VM or via the Linux Agent?  How is your environment set up?  Did you check the logs for more details - C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup

We need some more details in order to give some suggestions on what you can check.

Userlevel 1

thank you chris for answering,

it is a VM but i am dealing with it as a server directly. i am trying to add the linux server through the create job » Job mode server » managed by backup server. and so on.

do i need to install the agent manually first before going through the above procedure or it should deploy the agent automatically as mentioned by Veeam videos for linux.

i have exported the logs, but didnt find more than the error in teh subject (agent missing)

appreciate your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sounds like you’re adding a physical Linux server to VBR to backup (i.e. managed Linux Agent)...but as Chris stated, we need more info on what you’re attempting to do so we can best assist to resolve the issue.

Based off your error (if using VAL), did you install the proper Agent to the Linux server based off the Guide. Is the Agent you’re using compatible with v12, as noted here.

Again, those are just guesses & suggestions based off what I’m interpreting. Please provide more insight to what you’re trying to accomplish so we can best assist you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You need to deploy the Agent before you can use it in a job.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You need to deploy the Agent before you can use it in a job.

Yes, this is what is required.  You need to go into the Console for Veeam and under the Inventory tab add the server there which should deploy the agent for you. Then you can use it in a backup job.

Comment