Skip to main content

RDP Connection via HTML5 easy and free (LAB) FreeRDP

Hello everyone,
Due to Im working in improving my lab a little bit, I dismatle the whole thing, and I started from Scratch,
I already posted my Windows server 2025 Installation, and now, is time to connect to those machines in a “confortable” way. (Spanish)

Also I had in the past Apache Guacamle, wich work great, but I wanted to give it a try to have more tools and experiences.

I do like HTML 5 due to the compatibility with all my devices, Macbook, PC, iPhone, Ipad, etc…

So, today, I want to show you this little tool:
FreeRDP HTML5 proxy on Windows

Im going to install it, and then to connect to my Windows machines via RDP over HTML 5, very convinient and flexible.

Lets download the msi file, then, lets trigger the installation.

As always, installation is very straight forward
Oh! it has OpenStack integration
Local connection, 127.0.0.1:8000 connects to the client
After reboot, you can access from other machines to the FreeRDP Web Client on your network
Here is a test, Windows Server 2025 accessed from FreeRDP Web

cheers.

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

WOW @HunterLAFR  !
I go to try on my lab !

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Nice writeup @HunterLAFR ! Thanks for sharing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Very interesting looking product for a homelab.  I might just give this a try for external access if possible.  Thanks for sharing this one Luis.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hey Luis. nice post! do you use this only for internal access or did you test also the remote access configuration from a external address? 

It would be interesting to see how it works with Tailscale.

I'll look into it :)

Thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey Luis. nice post! do you use this only for internal access or did you test also the remote access configuration from a external address? 

Hey Jos!

I have test it only internally, LAB over lan only
My idea is to test it via Tailscale

and then, over public / open internet, but for now, published with SSL cert, my Apache Guapamole.

cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It would be interesting to see how it works with Tailscale.

I'll look into it :)

Thanks for sharing!

it works!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great config, thanks for sharing, @HunterLAFR !

Comment