[Quicktip] Tips in VBR Console

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I just want to share two tips for the VBR console that can make life simpler. Both of them are related to the live job protocol. I made two GIF files to illustrate them better.

Historic view

First is to show not just the current running respectively last run, but also log of all previous runs. This can easily be done be using left and right courser keys

within the log viewer. This looks like this:

Last 5 minutes vs. all time performance

Second is to simply switch performance graph between last 5 minutes and all time view. This can be done by just clicking into the graph.

I hope you find this useful as me!

14 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Oh, these are two great findings.,

I didn’t know these functions :sunglasses:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The history view I knew, but nice one on the graph.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Excelente post @vNote42. I took a loooong time to discover the left and right keys functions. :sweat_smile:

Remembering that the last 5 minutes is only available during the execution of the backup job (what makes sense).

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

These are both great to see how the job has performed on previous runs.  Great share!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Amazing, didn’t know about this! THANKS SO MUCH @vNote42 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Love it @vNote42!:clap: Simple tips like this can make the VBR using much easier! :rocket:  As one of the Veeam motto says “Keep it simple” :ok_hand:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The discovery of the cursor/arrow keys felt like an enlightenment; also everyone I show it is just flashed. Sometimes it are the small hidden features which surprise 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@vNote42 : Awesome 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

didn’t know for the first tips, thanks @vNote42 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

didn’t know for the first tips, thanks @vNote42 

glad to hear I could show you something new 

2 more tips in 1.
Turn on the Timestamp column… and copy all that session line detail with date/timestamps to clipboard.

Oh and of course F1 keystroke for instant context-sensitive help from the helpcentre.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

2 more tips in 1.
Turn on the Timestamp column… and copy all that session line detail with date/timestamps to clipboard.

Oh and of course F1 keystroke for instant context-sensitive help from the helpcentre.

Wow that is cool did not realize this.  Geez you would think after using Veeam for so long you would. 😋😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

2 more tips in 1.

Wow that is cool did not realize this.  Geez you would think after using Veeam for so long you would. 😋😂

Haha, same here. after a few years of use, VMCE courses, I’ve never used the arrow keys or enabled this feature lol

Comment