Skip to main content

The Knowledge Base article for using Backup for Microsoft 365 v8 has been updated for creating a backup to Wasabi. The new/updated article is available here - https://docs.wasabi.com/docs/create-a-backup-to-wasabi-on-veeam-backup-for-microsoft-365-v8

Thanks for posting this Drew.  I haven’t had a chance to dig into using Immutability for the initial repo. 

I will say that I shudder at the idea of setting immutability for the duration of the retention policy as noted in the KB.  I have tenants with 10 and 25 year retention policies set but if they ever up and leave me as a service provider, I’d hate to be sitting there with that much retention on those buckets.  Heck, even as an end-user, that would sure lock things in unless there’s some magic around entire account deletion because I know there’s no override for bucket deletions when objects inside still have the immutability flag set.

Thanks for posting this Drew. Will give this a go soon.

Just highlighting: “Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v8 now supports immutability with direct backups to Wasabi.  Prior to v8, utilizing immutability required backup copy jobs.”

Comment