Skip to main content

Hi all,

In this blog series, I’m going to talk about plenty of things around the sizing and architecting for using Object Storage with Veeam Backup & Replication. Each part of this blog series covers different topics and things.

The first part of Sizing and Architecting for Object Storage with Veeam covers the following topics:

• Calculating your real block size on disk, which helps you with sizing object storage for Capacity or Performance Tier in Veeam
  • General Best Practices when using Veeam & Object Storage

Feel free to check out the blog post here, as I don’t copy and paste the content here :)

https://www.virtualhome.blog/2024/08/21/sizing-and-architecting-for-object-storage-with-veeam-part-1/

Would love any feedback, comments, and thoughts on this :=)

I don’t use OS, but am thinking of moving that route...but solely on-prem devices/options...in the future, so am looking forward to these posts Falko. Thanks for sharing man.

Sounds great, Shane ! The next parts are basically covering almost only on-premises object storage sizing and architecting as there are limits when it comes to the public cloud which you cannot influence.

Great! I have Wasabit coming to speak at our VUG next month...so anxious to learn more from each vendor - what they each bring to the BC/DR table, as it were.

Great effort @falkob all that hard work paying off, great blog series ..serious kudos

Great effort @falkob all that hard work paying off, great blog series ..serious kudos

Thank you mate, trying to give back the experiences I made, and hope people appreciate it.

How you feel about block generation period changes for S3 @falkob with 12.2? 

I read this one and part two.  Great series Falko.  Looking forward to part 3. 😎

I read this one and part two.  Great series Falko.  Looking forward to part 3. 😎

Part 3 is already in the making, it's probably the biggest part as I go deep into all the components involved and how to size and architect them properly !

Thanks Falko, another one (or more) to bookmark for future reference.

Part 3 is already in the making, it's probably the biggest part as I go deep into all the components involved and how to size and architect them properly !

Can’t wait :) 

Can’t wait :) 

There is something special in it for you ;)

Excellent post @falkob. Sizing for object, both actual storage consumption and related fees such as egress and API is arguably one of the tougher things to do.

Such a great series, i like the detail. +1 in my bookmarks.

Thank you Falko for this, can’t wait for part 3.

Comment