Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication v12 (Third Edition) - PUBLISHED!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

"Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication 12 - Third Edition" is now in publication (since April 2023) and is ready to order either the book or e-book/kindle.

Well, since writing my first book on v10 and my second one on v11, I debated to myself about writing the update of the book to v12.  It took me some time to process and think about if I wanted to do it, and after attending VeeamON 2022 in Las Vegas, where v12 was introduced, it got me excited, and I then took the plunge.  This time, the process was much smoother as I had already done the first & second books and understood the templates, formatting, etc.  The team at Packt worked with me again and my busy schedule to create something I think that everyone will enjoy reading.  Whether you are a newbie with Veeam or a seasoned expert, you can learn something from this book.

Veeam 12 best practices: design and deploy a secure and resilient platform

Key Features

• Gain in-depth knowledge of Core Architecture Changes, including PostgreSQL
  • Work with VeeaMover and how it will help manage backups and SOBRs
  • Explore Object Storage - Direct to Object - the ability to add Object Storage to be your primary repository

Book Description

Veeam is one of the leading modern data protection solutions, making it a necessary skill for anyone responsible for backing up virtual environments. This revised third edition of Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication is updated to cover Veeam version 12. The book guides you through implementing modern data protection solutions for your cloud and virtual infrastructure with Veeam while helping you master advanced concepts such as Continuous Data Protection (CDP), extended object storage support, VeeaMover, and Security settings.

Starting with Veeam essentials, including installation, best practices, and optimizations for Veeam Backup & Replication, you'll get to grips with this process. You'll understand how to set up a backup server, proxies, repositories, and more and then advance to cover a powerful feature of Veeam 12 – Direct to Object Storage. As you progress, you'll learn about using PostgreSQL for your database instead of Microsoft SQL and discover the best way to implement this with Veeam 12. Finally, you'll explore the new Tape server options available in Linux and become well-versed with advanced topics such as VeeaMover, Security, NAS Backup changes and using CDP with Cloud Connect.

By the end of this Veeam book, you'll be able to implement Veeam Backup & Replication to secure your environment and enable disaster recovery.

What you will learn

• Understand Installing & Upgrading Veeam to v12
  • Master the ability to use PostgreSQL for the database
  • Explore SOBR - Direct to Object storage in Performance Tier
  • Discover tape server enhancements
  • Explore updated security, including MFA and Auto-Logoff
  • Understand NAS Backup with Immutability Support
  • Get to the grips of CDP & Cloud Connect - CDP to vCD via VCC

Who This Book Is For

Backup Administrators or cloud disaster architects will gain expertise in all things Veeam. This book teaches you the basics, like installing & upgrading to more advanced concepts like Direct to Object Storage configuration and best practices. There will also be some things not to do or worst practices by Rick Vanover from Veeam.

Veeam Backup & Replication - Third Edition - Book cover

Table of Contents

1. Installation – Best Practices & Optimizations
  2. Core Architecture Changes
  3. Scale-Out Backup Repository – What's New
  4. Tape Server & Other Enhancements
  5. Veeam’s New Enhanced Security Features
  6. Object Storage – What's New and Enhancement
  7. NAS Backup – What's new
  8. CDP & Cloud Connect

While only the book's first chapter got a refresh for v12, the rest of the chapters are new and cover many enhancements in the v12 release, including a first look at Continuous Data Protection (CDP) with Veeam Cloud Connect.  I believe it will also be a great reference guide once you have completed it to quickly refer back to when doing a new deployment or possibly trying to remember something about CDP or Object Storage.  It might be helpful for the VMCE/VMCA exams and as an additional study resource.

So I hope I have piqued your interest, and if so, you can order the book below at the link to Packt Publishing and Amazon, where the Kindle version is available and the paperback.

Order the book/e-book here at Packt - Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication v12 - Third Edition

Order the book/e-book here at Amazon - Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication v12 - Third Edition

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Added it to my Amazon cart last night….can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Added it to my Amazon cart last night….can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Thanks for the support, Derek!  😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

well done @Chris.Childerhose 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

well done @Chris.Childerhose 

Thanks Moustafa.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Amazing work!! I’ll have to grab a copy. Congrats for getting it launched!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Amazing work!! I’ll have to grab a copy. Congrats for getting it launched!

Thanks Scott.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Congratulations, @Chris.Childerhose on the publishing of the book. I know how much work it is!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Congratulations, @Chris.Childerhose on the publishing of the book. I know how much work it is!

Thanks Rick.  Appreciate the quick reviews and tips during the process.  😁

Userlevel 1
Badge

it’s gonna be third VMCE pass with @Chris.Childerhose books)

need to wait exam update to v12 ^_^

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

it’s gonna be third VMCE pass with @Chris.Childerhose books)

Thanks for the shout out and I am glad the books help.  😁

Userlevel 1
Badge

ready to read!) (and book copy to the shelf)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

ready to read!) (and book copy to the shelf)

😎👍🏼

Comment