Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently put together a new app called ‘Magic Ports’, you can find it on the front page of the Veeam Architects site: https://www.veeambp.com/

This is the first version which is a little rough but functional, the main aim was to get feedback from the community to aid in the direction of the app. For example, I am already considering changing the ‘cards’ to a table on the main screen to save on-screen real estate.

I am also looking into adding mermaid diagram outputs which can be loaded into things like draw.io. 

Comments on these features and anything else would be welcome. 

All the code is freely available via the GitHub repos listed on the app and again we encourage you to have a look and make suggestions by raising ‘issues’ or even contributing to the projects.

I am a firm believer in putting ideas out there so the community can guide the direction and I feel that this tool or at least the idea behind this tool will ultimately help create something the whole community can benefit from.

All the best,

Ed

(Keep coding!)

This is a very usefull tool and replaces my home-brew Excel with some intelligence. If in a future release a diagram could be generated, would make it the perfect tool !

Nice initiative @EdxH . Thanks for sharing!

Very interesting initiative Ed.  I will take a look and give some feedback here. Thanks for sharing.

Last week I was discussing a tool like this. this will be helpfull. thanks for putting this together.

This looks awesome.  The only thing of note is that there’s no entries yet for the Service Provider Console/VCC yet that I’m noticing, but I’m sure that’ll come with time.  That said, this looks super helpful!

Comment