Live Optics allows you, your Dell EMC technologists, or Dell EMC partner consultants to understand vital information about your Veeam environment. Live Optics provides you with a simple process to upload your Veeam database backup and present your data in a clear and understandable way, so that you can make informed decisions to optimize your backup infrastructure.
Your Veeam database backup will usually be a file with a .bak extension. Sometimes, due to common community based knowledge, the files have a .dmp extension.
The following list is are required to follow the instructions below.
- You are a user with Administrative access to Veeam
- You have downloaded the latest version of the Live Optics Collector
To create a SQL backup for Veeam, see the following Veeam KB article:
Note: There is no need to further .zip or compress the file. The Live Optics collector will do that for you at upload.
- Download and launch Live Optics Collector (Windows .NET version)
- Click Get Started
- Click “Yes, I agree” to accept the End User License Agreement (prompted only on first execution)
- Click “Yes, this is me” after verifying your identity is correct (prompted only on first execution)
- Select Data Protection from the left menu
- Select Veeam
- Click Select Folder, browse to folder with Veeam DB BAK file, click OK
- Click Next
- Select the Upload Option, either upload automatically (recommended) or upload later
- Click Next
- If upload automatically was selected, enter the project name to be created, click Next
- After the files are processed and optionally uploaded, click Quit to exit the application
try it !!!