Deploying Veeam Backup for Google Cloud + VBR plug-in

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

In this demonstration, we will walk through the steps required to install Veeam Backup for GCP and integrate it with Veeam Backup & Replication using a plug-in.

With Google Cloud Plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication, you can add Veeam Backup for Google Cloud appliances to the backup infrastructure and perform the following operations from the Veeam Backup & Replication console:

• Start and stop backup policies, monitor session statistics, and perform configuration backup and restore.
  • View created snapshots and image-level backups.
  • Restore VM instances, individual persistent disks, and guest OS files and folders.
  • Restore VM instances to AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Nutanix AHV.
  • Perform Instant Recovery of VM instances to VMware vSphere, Hyper-V environments, and Nutanix AHV clusters.
  • Restore all Cloud SQL instances and specific databases.

I hope this video is helpful!

14 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great video, Luiz! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great video, Luiz! 

Thanks, Wesley! 🙏🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes, another great video Luiz.  Love learning about the plugins and other vendors that integrate with Veeam.  👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yes, another great video Luiz.  Love learning about the plugins and other vendors that integrate with Veeam.  👍🏼

Thanks, Chris! It is a great community! 🙏🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks for sharing Luiz! I’m not too abreast of the plug-ins… so good to learn!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for sharing Luiz! I’m not too abreast of the plug-ins… so good to learn!

Thanks, Shane! 🙏🏻

Userlevel 4
Badge

Wow great video.

I appreciate your contribution!! 🤓

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Great video! Always love to see more content around integrating the public cloud appliances with VBR.

I did a similar write up a few years ago, except I took it a step further and send backup copies of GCE VMs to a VCSP. And I did not include it in the post, but I also then took those VCC backups plus a temporary VBR and IRed into VCSP vSphere as a POC of a scenario where a malicious actor gets in and completely wipes the cloud environment.

https://jonahmay.net/integrating-veeam-backup-for-gcp-with-vbr-and-cloud-connect/

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Muito top!! 

Obrigado meu amigo

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Excellent content @leduardoserrano

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow great video.

I appreciate your contribution!! 🤓

Thanks so much,@jcolonfzenpr ! 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great video! Always love to see more content around integrating the public cloud appliances with VBR.

I did a similar write up a few years ago, except I took it a step further and send backup copies of GCE VMs to a VCSP. And I did not include it in the post, but I also then took those VCC backups plus a temporary VBR and IRed into VCSP vSphere as a POC of a scenario where a malicious actor gets in and completely wipes the cloud environment.

https://jonahmay.net/integrating-veeam-backup-for-gcp-with-vbr-and-cloud-connect/

Great post, 👏👏👏
@JonahMay! Thanks for sharing with us!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Muito top!! 

Obrigado meu amigo

Oi Jean! Obrigado amigo! 👍🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Excellent content @leduardoserrano

Thanks so much,@HangTen416 ! 🙏

Comment