Deploying and using a Yara rule with Veeam

• 18 January 2024
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi! In the recent Veeam Backup & Replication v12.1, Veeam brings many new features and capabilities related to data security and integrations with cybersec tools. One of them is the capability to scan backup files with Yara rules.

This is a great feature due to the native flexibility of Yara rules and its wide use in the community.

In this demonstration, we will see how to create a simple Yara rule, associate a malicious file with a VM, and obtain uncompromised recovery points through a scan operation. Everything is effortless and intuitive. I hope it is helpful for the community!

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing this as I am interested in YARA stuff and getting more details.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thanks for the share :) It’s great to see more people trying this out, and I think it’s definitely going to be one of those Veeam features we look back on and think damn how did we do without it??

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Very nice post @leduardoserrano!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you @leduardoserrano  for sharing

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you @leduardoserrano  for sharing

🙏🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great post. I think this feature is only going to become more and more useful and excited to see where it goes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great post. I think this feature is only going to become more and more useful and excited to see where it goes. 

I agree, @Scott !!! 👏

Comment