12.1 Favourite Small Thing

• 11 December 2023
  • 3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

We all have seen the raft of big-ticket new features but there are a lot of ‘small’ things in this release as well. 

One of my favourite features is the Disk Space check when doing an upgrade. This should make performing upgrades a smoother process, especially for those managing multiple VBR deployments. The private hotfix check is another welcome addition.

What’s your favourite ‘small’ feature in this release?

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I like the Files node access restriction to Admins only; NAS Backup Browser restore window now having same functionality as FLR in that you can ‘Compare with Production’, ‘Restore Changes’ only, and ‘Compare Attributes’; and, the Surebackup changes → Surebackup Lite and Machine Exclustions, for example.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For small things I am in agreement with you on this one for the disk check and even the hotfix check which is really great.  Haven’t seen too many “little” things yet but will post back if there are others. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

For me, there’s a lot.  I haven’t played much with it, but reading the what’s new document….

• TLS 1.3 readiness
  • Stronger backup encryption
  • Time change protection for hardened repositories
  • Object storage improvements (faster scans and such)
  • Immutable configuration backups
  • Disk Space Check
  • Private Hotfix Check

But probably one of my favorite most minor changes though, and this one seems silly simple, but Sign-in to license.  As in, don’t necessarily have to copy a license to a machine, but can simply sign in from the console to your MyVeeam account and grab the license from there.  May not be used often, but just such a simple feature that saves a bit of time.

Comment