Solved

eject tape and export tape not working on veeam backup

Userlevel 3

dear all, I have problem (eject tap and export tape not working on Veeam backup)this happened with all tapes

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 26 July 2023, 17:16

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@mhmdadl 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @khaled depas - please see below for some answers.

1. Eject tape - this is used when a tape is in a drive and in this case your tape is only located in a Slot.  If the tape was in a drive, then Eject would be available.
  2. Export - this option exports the tape from the slot to the I/E (Mailslot) within the tape unit - do you have a mailslot configured?  Or is it just slots in the tape unit?  You need to ensure the tape device is configured correctly to have an I/E (Mailslot) available to export tapes.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

This is usually happened if your tape is in the slot. However, if you believe that the tape is in drive, so restarting the tape library might help (happens to me with IBM tape library but with older versions) @khaled depas 

Userlevel 3

yes thanx you eng @Chris.Childerhose @mhmdadl @Madi.Cristil i will test now and feed back 

the tapes are already in slots, no tape in drive.
the tapes are already in slots, no tape in drive.

but now 

tape drive loaded

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So now you should be able to use Eject option. You also need to configure mail slot for using the Export option in your tape unit.

Comment