Question

One VM not working

• 4 October 2023
  • 5 comments

Hey, i have a Hyper-V Server Standalone and one VM i can’t create an Backup i always got this error:

04.10.2023 15:12:48 :: Error: CHvWmiObjectCache::GetObject(): Failed to get WmiConfig object 'msvm_processorsettingdata.instanceid="microsoft:da5aa037-a2cc-4f55-915a-8b9ab39abb6a\\b637f346-6a0e-4dec-af52-bd70cb80a21d\\0"' from cache: Object not in the cache  

All other VMs work fine. 

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You could try to follow this for the WMI permissions - Configuring Permissions to Remotely Access WMI - Veeam ONE Deployment Guide

But if that does not work from what I have seen you need to open a case with Veeam to allow them to check the logs, etc.

You could also try a rescan of your Hyper-V host, backup repositories, etc. -- I don’t use Hyper-V so it is hard to say what the issue could be.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @PhilippKuhlmann ,

i’d try the procedure Cris shared.

Can you backup another vm’s are in same hyperv host?

Could you share with us the details of this VM (OS, Disks, controllers, secure boot, is there any device connect as a CD?

All other VMs are Working. And Sometimes this VM also work. But 90% of the time not. 

Secure Boot is on.

Just one SCSI vhdx

No DVD

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

All other VMs are Working. And Sometimes this VM also work. But 90% of the time not. 

Secure Boot is on.

Just one SCSI vhdx

No DVD

Would suggest a support case at this point to get assistance and review the logs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@PhilippKuhlmann You can create a temp backup job for the VM only. This way, it is easy to troubleshoot the issue. If it fails, you can check the job logs at the C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup of the Veeam server.

Comment