ReFS vs NTFS (or other)

Show first post

29 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yeah..it appears (fingers crossed), ReFS is pretty stable now. Though..when I begin getting my new arrays installed & switching things over, I think I’ll just be looking at going with XFS. I might still go with W2022 & ReFS..but mostly leaning towards going with XFS.

@Scott - agree. Would still be interesting to hear any ReFS horror...or actually non-horror (good) stories folks have experienced with ReFS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yeah..it appears (fingers crossed), ReFS is pretty stable now. Though..when I begin getting my new arrays installed & switching things over, I think I’ll just be looking at going with XFS. I might still go with W2022 & ReFS..but mostly leaning towards going with XFS.

@Scott - agree. Would still be interesting to hear any ReFS horror...or actually non-horror (good) stories folks have experienced with ReFS.

We are definitely looking at XFS more now especially with the ISO for building the hardened repos.  That reminds me time to start testing and documenting things with this as we want to use it for our appliances, etc. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yeah..I got mine initially installed; but just need to add it to a VBR server to do the testing part

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m sitting on over PB of ReFS and have no issues, the benefits outweigh everything when it comes to Veeam.  You just can’t slap ReFS everywhere in the environment and hope it will be a benefit though.

I may pull the trigger on XFS and hardened repos next upgrade, or stick to my windows infrastructure. I need time to test XFS before I go that route though. 

Comment