Fun Friday #51: Favourite OS

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Simple Fun Friday today, what’s your preferred OS type?

Favourite OS?

23 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For me it has to be macOS (Unix)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OS/2 Warp

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I’m a Linux and Windows user, but it’s the last one that I prefer. It works without fuss.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

😂😂😂

This is tricky….
In the past I liked OS/2 Warp and AIX very much.

Nowadays I work mostly with RHEL and Windows Server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

grew up on MSDOS > Windows 3.1 > WINNT 3.51 > Windows 95 > Windows 2000 > Windows 7 > Windows 8 > Windows 10 and now on Windows 11. But I use Mac Os on work’s laptop ...hate it

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

OS/2 Warp

OS/2 Warp 4, yup I played with that two. That was an IBM thing I believe but they dumped it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

FreeBSD, for security OpenBSD. As for the Linux distros, debian, and debian based distros. I did do some slackware for a while because I was attempting to get into the cool crowd but.. did not happen. 

Have had some fun with ReactOS as well. https://reactos.org/

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

grew up on MSDOS > Windows 3.1 > WINNT 3.51 > Windows 95 > Windows 2000 > Windows 7 > Windows 8 > Windows 10 and now on Windows 11. But I use Mac Os on work’s laptop ...hate it

What no Windows NT?? :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

What no Windows NT?? :) 

I got my one and only MSCE on Windows NT and then Luke Skywalker convinced me to go over to the bright side of the Force! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

For me it has to be macOS (Unix)

I think that that used to be on a FreeBSD kernel but I believe they went over to their own home grown a few releases back. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

OS/2 Warp

OS/2 Warp 4, yup I played with that two. That was an IBM thing I believe but they dumped it.

Yes, IBM dumped it. But it is still around as community project  😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Preferred OS for working (as workstation) OSX!

Preferred OS for Servers, Linux!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

In my personal computer I will ever prefer Windows.

I'm a productivity lover and all things need work fast for me. So, I even don't like to think about the idea about apps that only runs on Windows ecosystem. Open a VM only to runs this kind of stuff is a horrible option...  😪

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For the most part I am a Windows guy but lately been learning more about Linux so getting used to it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Does iOS count?
If I could, I would do anything on my phone 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Does iOS count?

Like a real GEN Z user 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Does iOS count?

Like a real GEN Z user 😂

Unfortunately, I‘m Gen Y 😬😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I don’t really know if I have a “favorite” but I prefer Windows, because I’ve been using it for so many years at both work and home.

I can use Mac OS, Linux, others, but if I was to choose, I always go Windows.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

While I work mostly with Windows, I would go with Linux. I used to run openSUSE at home but am slowly switching to Ubuntu.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Right tool for the job…..Windows in most cases for me, but now as I get the feeling that linux is gonna be my favorite for repo/proxy servers really soon….as soon as I can start playing with them.  :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Fedora on laptop and RHEL on servers, yes i’m from Linux world 😅.I got lost on the Windows World with veeam, still dreaming a vbr on linux full deployed and managed by ansible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Fedora on laptop and RHEL on servers, yes i’m from Linux world 😅.I got lost on the Windows World with veeam, still dreaming a vbr on linux full deployed and managed by ansible.

Someday maybe….they’re making some motions that direction with the Linux Proxy’s an Repo’s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Someday maybe….they’re making some motions that direction with the Linux Proxy’s an Repo’s.

It will be available when it will be a ready, i will say 🤣. I am convinced that the emergence of hyperscalers has something to do with the new trajectory with veeam on linux.

Comment