Solved

Document backup jobs

• 26 January 2024
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 4
I want to document all jobs.Is there a solution for this?First, how can these data be obtained, and secondly, is there a ready-made Excell template for this?
I want to document all the jobs and if there is a solution that also documents the entire veeam backup structure, that would be great.
Please provide any suggestions you have.
icon

Best answer by NZ_BenThomas 27 January 2024, 01:56

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Jenes hooshangi -

There really isn’t anything I’m aware of to provide what you’re needing. About the only way I can think of to document all your jobs, is to do a simple Powershell script which can retrieve all your Jobs names and export them to a txt or csv file. Configs can not be exported. This I know because I was needing this a few mos back myself.

As far as documenting your backup infrastructure, the only way I know to accomplish this is to do so manually in a tool like Visio. There’s some online ones like draw.io (app.diagrams.net) as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You can also try Veeam ONE as well to see if any of the reports can document things for you.  If you need a diagram, you can do it manually or try out this tool that someone is developing keeping mind the caution on the site - GitHub - rebelinux/Veeam.Diagrammer: Veeam Diagrammer: A #powershell module to automatically generate Veeam Backup & Replication resource topology diagrams by just typing a PowerShell cmdlet and passing the name of the Veeam Backup Server

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You can also try Veeam ONE as well to see if any of the reports can document things for you.  If you need a diagram, you can do it manually or try out this tool that someone is developing keeping mind the caution on the site - GitHub - rebelinux/Veeam.Diagrammer: Veeam Diagrammer: A #powershell module to automatically generate Veeam Backup & Replication resource topology diagrams by just typing a PowerShell cmdlet and passing the name of the Veeam Backup Server

Wow! This is really cool! 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Wow! This is really cool! 😀

It will be once it is fully completed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I would also look at something like the AsBuildReport module for Veeam Backup and Replication, which will document most of the Veeam config, including jobs. And it leverages the Veeam Diagrammer module @Chris.Childerhose mentioned.

AsBuiltReport/AsBuiltReport.Veeam.VBR: Repository for AsBuiltReport Veeam Backup & Replication module (github.com)

From the example output:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I would also look at something like the AsBuildReport module for Veeam Backup and Replication, which will document most of the Veeam config, including jobs. And it leverages the Veeam Diagrammer module @Chris.Childerhose mentioned.

AsBuiltReport/AsBuiltReport.Veeam.VBR: Repository for AsBuiltReport Veeam Backup & Replication module (github.com)

From the example output:

You reminded me of this great script! I had forgotten about it. Thanks @NZ_BenThomas 

Comment