CAT NAME WANTED! šŸ±

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

As you know, we need a name for this catĀ :feet:

There were a lot of suggestions from you across all social media channels, so we put together a shortlist,Ā a poll for community members to choose the best name.

Ā 

Ā 

33 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Why Alfred is so popular? Iā€™m interested for science purpose :nerd:

YEAH, We are here for science! :bulb: So, besides from being a really cute name for a kitten, IĀ must tell you thereā€™s a few famous Alfreds we could talk about here.Ā 

First and foremost, Alfred Thaddeus Crane Pennyworth, know in pop culture as Bruce Wayneā€™s valet.Ā After a varied career, Alfred was employed as the Wayne family valet when Bruce Wayne's parents were killed. Alfred raised the little batman and reluctantly aided him in his quest to become a hero. His many skillsā€” ranging from cooking to medicineā€”make him Batman's best ally.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Secondly, we have AN ASTRONAUT! I mean, how cool is that? Alfred Worden wasĀ aĀ NASA Astronaut & Apollo 15 Command Module Pilot. His work is known to be unique and prestigious,Ā Worden logged more than 295 hours in space.

Last but not least,Ā we haveĀ Alfred Bernhard Nobel, a swedish chemist, engineer, and industrialist who invented dynamite and other more powerful explosives! He is also known as the founder of the Nobel Prize, the worldā€™s most prestigious prizeĀ for intellectual services rendered to humanity.Ā 

Ā 

I know the name suggestions are done, but i would also add Albert (as in for Einstein) and Alan (as in for Turing). And why not a girlā€™s name? Like Grace, reminding us of Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper, our most esteemed computer scientist and programmer!Ā 

Whatā€™s the community take on this? Let me know whoā€™s your favorite Alfred!Ā :joy:

Thank you for the explanation! :D
i will sleep less dumb tonight, no iā€™m more now alfred than VeeamLion. You convince me hehe. I love DC comics so i prefer the first!

Userlevel 6
Badge

Why Alfred is so popular? Iā€™m interested for science purpose :nerd:

YEAH, We are here for science! :bulb: So, besides from being a really cute name for a kitten, IĀ must tell you thereā€™s a few famous Alfreds we could talk about here.Ā 

First and foremost, Alfred Thaddeus Crane Pennyworth, know in pop culture as Bruce Wayneā€™s valet.Ā After a varied career, Alfred was employed as the Wayne family valet when Bruce Wayne's parents were killed. Alfred raised the little batman and reluctantly aided him in his quest to become a hero. His many skillsā€” ranging from cooking to medicineā€”make him Batman's best ally.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Secondly, we have AN ASTRONAUT! I mean, how cool is that? Alfred Worden wasĀ aĀ NASA Astronaut & Apollo 15 Command Module Pilot. His work is known to be unique and prestigious,Ā Worden logged more than 295 hours in space.

Last but not least,Ā we haveĀ Alfred Bernhard Nobel, a swedish chemist, engineer, and industrialist who invented dynamite and other more powerful explosives! He is also known as the founder of the Nobel Prize, the worldā€™s most prestigious prizeĀ for intellectual services rendered to humanity.Ā 

Ā 

I know the name suggestions are done, but i would also add Albert (as in for Einstein) and Alan (as in for Turing). And why not a girlā€™s name? Like Grace, reminding us of Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper, our most esteemed computer scientist and programmer!Ā 

Whatā€™s the community take on this? Let me know whoā€™s your favorite Alfred!Ā :joy:

Thank you for the explanation! :D
i will sleep less dumb tonight, no iā€™m more now alfred than VeeamLion. You convince me hehe. I love DC comics so i prefer the first!

HAHAHA NICE! I love DC comics as well, I usually read the graphic novels though! Great to see that the comment section is full of nerdsĀ :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Okay, just a reminder - vote for the best Catā€™s name as we have to give some finality to this *CAT* situationĀ :smile: Ā :lion_face:

You still have a chance to make a mark!Ā :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

After my vote we have we have a tie!Ā :smiley_cat:

Userlevel 6
Badge

After my vote we have we have a tie!Ā :smiley_cat:

What have you brought upon us all?Ā :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

From 3007 members only 30 have voted so far...that makes 2977 possible votes for VeeAmy! :grin:

By the way; I would say that the cat is a Tortoiseshell cat (hopefully the correct translation for the german Schildpatt). So a female name for her would fit much better as male Tortoiseshells are very rare :sweat_smile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortoiseshell_cat

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If it sits equally split for too long maybe a week long final poll between the two? (Though come on people, Vote Bob!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This is a great idea, @MicoolPaul!

Final poll is live hereĀ - letā€™s choose!Ā :blush:

Ā 

Comment