Question

Backup to tape local repository fillfulled by other veeam servers

• 16 February 2024
  • 3 comments

Userlevel 1

Hi Community.

I have a central (physical) Veeam Enterprise backup equiped with LTO Drive. On this server i have setup local repository.

On my other server i setup Veeam to backup on the repository of this central server.

If i create a backup tape job, he see these repository empty. Do i have to made a classic “file backup” to tape ?????

Thanks

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes, you need a File to Tape or Backup to Tape job created.  Also ensure the server is added as a Tape Server so that you can use it.

How are you backing up to the repository?  Using VBR or Agent based backups?  The tape job would need to be on the central VBR if you are using an Agent based backup.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Chris but i think you misunderstood the problem. On HYPERV host i use veeam community and my repository is a file share on central veeam server that hold lto tape.

I have found that if create localy a fake bakcup job pointing on this repository i can create a “bakcup to tape repository” task.

The task just finished and it works

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks Chris but i think you misunderstood the problem. On HYPERV host i use veeam community and my repository is a file share on central veeam server that hold lto tape.

I have found that if create localy a fake bakcup job pointing on this repository i can create a “bakcup to tape repository” task.

The task just finished and it works

Ok my apologies as it was not clear in the OP.  Glad you were able to figure it out and get it to work.

Comment