Solved

Active Full VM Separately

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello everyone!

Help me to remember:

On v12 shouldn't I be able to run an active full separately by VM?

I right click on VM but nothing happens.

Obs.: My repository is setup per machine backup files.

icon

Best answer by cymon 2 March 2023, 15:53

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Checking on User Guide it says:

Such way of storing backups is more efficient than single storage. However Veeam Backup & Replication cannot perform some operations with individual workloads. These operations include moving backups, launching active full for individual workloads and so on.

It’s not a way of storing I usually use, so I had to check… but it seems it because of that.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/per_vm_backup_files.html?ver=120

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you updated them to v12 per VM backups? Aka you have metadata per VM instead of per job, otherwise you can’t.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello @wolff.mateus 

You can perform active full backup for individual workloads only if their backups are true per-machine.

To perform active full backup for individual workloads:

1. Open real-time statistics or sessions results of the job.
  2. Select workloads for which you want to perform active full backup.
  3. Right-click one of the selected workloads and click Active Full. Note that you will be able to launch active full backup for other workloads in the job only after active full finishes for the selected workloads.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

You have to upgrade your Backup Chain befor it works

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You have to upgrade your Backup Chain befor it works

So it’s a thing related to v12 upgrade? Nice to know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@marcofabbri Yes, after installing V12 you can switch your per-VM Backup Chain to True per-Machine Backup Chain 

see here:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/per_vm_backup_files.html?ver=120

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You have to upgrade your Backup Chain before it works

Interesting!

I haven't seen that point yet.

Now I upgrade my backup chain here. However, only after runed my backup job again enables the possibility to run the active full separately.

Comment