Veeam Certified Engineer 2021 Exam Released & Reviewed

Show first post

114 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I plan VMCE 2021 end this year or beginning at 2022, VMCE 2020 is only 6 months ago.

@haslund , @MicoolPaul , do you know if there is a change log with the changes between VMCE 2020 and VMCE 2021 for study material? That should be ideal to know what the changes are and not to read again all info (helpcenter) ;-). Thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks and Congratulations for the Exam @MicoolPaul 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Omg :scream:, this post is so rich in details. I’m really thanks to you @MicoolPaul for have wrote this.

For last but not least, :right_facing_fist_tone1::left_facing_fist_tone1: congrats for get certified. Where is your badge? Can you show it to us?

I’m going to try to get mine in 1 or 2 months. :fingers_crossed_tone1:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Omg :scream:, this post is so rich in details. I’m really thanks to you @MicoolPaul for have wrote this.

For last but not least, :right_facing_fist_tone1::left_facing_fist_tone1: congrats for get certified. Where is your badge? Can you show it to us?

Hey :) Thank you @wolff.mateus, so Veeam tend to do a manual import of records from PearsonVUE so they don’t all appear straight away, however I’ve just had my badge come through:

https://www.credly.com/badges/cdb3b8f5-e51e-4f81-8deb-ea230154fec6/public_url

:heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Omg :scream:, this post is so rich in details. I’m really thanks to you @MicoolPaul for have wrote this.

Yeah I am going to do VMCE2020 now (July) and then in August taking the VMCE v11 course then VMCE2021 after that.  Best of luck @wolff.mateus 

So nice @Chris.Childerhose! So, good luck to us! Obs.: Your book is helping me with my studies.

Glad my book is helping. :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Congrats on the pass @MicoolPaul !! Maybe I’ll take by eoy.

Thanks @coolsport00!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Congrats @Geoff Burke ! I have to wait a while when having time, but the pressure is getting higher ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

(https://www.packtpub.com/product/mastering-veeam-backup-replication-10/9781838980443) and @haslund ’s website for VMCE mock exams (https://rasmushaslund.com/) in addition to the Veeam official study guide etc! 😁 Good luck!

Thank you for the kind referral :) I can also recommend this video: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great News - at lest for me: Just passed VMCE 2021! :sunglasses:

Was less hard than feared!

Any tips, tricks, etc. you can share?

Sure, some tips:

• No stress, 50 questions in 90 minutes (I guess there is no extra-time because of non native-speaker) → is fair.
  • Read the questions slowly and carefully.
  • Most of the questions should be rather easy to answer, when you work with the product.
  • Some questions are more tricky → spend some more time on it!
  • Try features you do not use often in lab before you take the exam.
  • Read about features you cannot try in your lab.
  • See @haslund resources:

Awesome and thanks.  Yeah I work with Veeam on a daily basis most of my day so should not be too hard. Will see next week with VMCE2020 :yum:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I just passed my exam with 89%.
@haslund Thanks for the great materials to study with. 

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you @Chris.Childerhose@MicoolPaul@vNote42@Nico Losschaert 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I take the following approach:

• Get hands-on experience with as much Veeam products as possible.
  • Take the Availability Suite v11: Configuration and Management course.
  • Study the materials and the labs given during the course.
  • Study the sample question videos.
  • Take the exam 😎
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I still haven’t tried any of the Veeam exams. Definitely not a bad idea at all.  Congratulation @MicoolPaul

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Congrats to all of the members whom had passed the certification. If you dnt mind kindly share the guide book which you people followed to pass the exam.

Thank you.

Hi Mumer19.

I think how you prepare really depends. For the VMCE if you have a lot of experience with Veeam then I would go over the practice exams very thoroughly and identify areas that you don’t know or never work with. After that I would focus on the User guides for those particular areas. 

If you don’t have a lot of experience with Veeam then it is really a good idea to setup a lab and start working on muscle memory for all the basics, then move to the step above. 

As for the VMCA, in my opinion this is a different animal. Here I believe concentration and logic play huge roles. Obviously you need Veeam knowledge but compared to VMCAv1 in my opinion this VMCA2022 is much more procedural and the emphasis should be on focus. Again @haslund has great practice exam questions that would get you prepared for this. 

On a personal note after doing a whole bunch of certification exams last year in a relatively short period I found that listening to Tibetan singing bowls beforehand really helped. Not joking :). I tend to get nervous and mentally hyperactive before exams so my brain is running all over the place. This is dangerous as it can result in stupid errors and carelessness. The sound of the bowls I found calmed me down enormously. Again this is a very individual thing but I would advise that unless you have nerves of steel you find some method to get yourself calmly focused. You don’t want to fail not because you were not ready but because you were not in the right frame of mind.

Good Luck!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mildur: Congrats on passing your VMCE2021 exam. Super proud to hear my materials helped you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I took my vmce 2021 exam yesterday with a score of 98%  :)

WOW! 98%?! :hushed:

Congrats, @Mildur!!! :clap_tone3:  :clap_tone3:  :clap_tone3:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks @Kseniya 

Now learning for the VMCA. That one need some more time to learn. :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Mildur that is awesome! well done! Loving seeing this post bump up with everyone’s success stories!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Congratulations @Mildur. That's an unbelievable high mark, probably the highest score so far 🏆

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey :) Thank you @wolff.mateus, so Veeam tend to do a manual import of records from PearsonVUE so they don’t all appear straight away, however I’ve just had my badge come through:

https://www.credly.com/badges/cdb3b8f5-e51e-4f81-8deb-ea230154fec6/public_url

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Good luck @Chris.Childerhose, won’t be a problem. Normally I study and practice hard for the VMCE and VMCA exam, so should be confident, but always I have some kind of stress to be honest. Why? Because there are always topics one is not using a lot ;-)

Yeah I am not too worried.  Just hate the damn Hyper-V questions as I don’t use it daily if at all.  Guess no time like the present to. :joy:

Do you plan to get 100% ?

Tip: don’t do so! :joy:

I highly doubt that 😂 I am always happy with 80s 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks Michael for sharing your experience.

I have used @haslund youtube videos from the vmce 2020 exam and downloaded the veeam guides to my ipad. Using my lab and reading the “limitations”, “before you begin” , “chapter overview” and “note boxes” was really helpful to get all the necessary knowledge to be successfull in the exam.

Wonderful @Mildur, who can beat this score :wink: , nearly impossible! The pressure is very high, I will plan it in Q1 2022, no time for it this year...

I don’t think anyone will be that one.  :joy:

On the other hand I have the VMCA2022 course this week - Thurs/Fri so will post up my thoughts on the course, etc. after.  Then need to book both the VMCE2021 and VMCA2022 after that. :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks Michael for sharing your experience.

I have used @haslund youtube videos from the vmce 2020 exam and downloaded the veeam guides to my ipad. Using my lab and reading the “limitations”, “before you begin” , “chapter overview” and “note boxes” was really helpful to get all the necessary knowledge to be successfull in the exam.

Wow! Great job, @Mildur! Contratulations!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you for the response. I think @Kseniya should gradually introduce this. Is this going to be possible in the future?

Hi @chris_eromosele! I don’t have this information, but we might have a similar discount program at VeeamON next year :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I can't belive how long I've postponed the VMCE2021 exam, so I'm glad that I can finally put a checkmark behind it.
Like the past exams I see the VMCE2021 still as very fair; most questions require experience and knowledge of certain details. Fortunately there were not many tricky questions and you're not getting asked any useless stuff, which you'll just learn and memorize for the exam.
While it felt like it was more challenging this time, I didn't get any questions where I had no clue at all 😅
But as always I felt like failing the exam, so at the end I was relieved to see that I had passed 😁

I really like the Veeam exams compared to other vendors. 👍

Comment