Excalidraw - Veeam Unofficial Icon Library

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Greetings, today I wanted to share with you some amazing news. I am talking about an unofficial Veeam icon library for Excalidraw.

Excalidraw is a tool that helps you draw technical diagrams with a great hand-made look, made every diagram much more user-friendly, as it really looks like if somebody has drawn it with their own hands.

After a few months, and many nights on this, I have finished adding around 60+ Veeam unofficial shapes in total that have been carefully created inspired by the official shapes. Sorry to repeat myself, but again, these shapes are unofficial and not linked in any way to Veeam Software, use them, edit them, change them as you like.

How do the Veeam unofficial shapes for Excalidraw look like?

These are all the icons I made manually, they are ready to use, and I hope they are enough for your diagrams:

How to Import the Veeam unofficial Excalidraw Icon Library

The process could not be simpler, open Excalidraw on the browser of your choice, remember that Excalidraw does make use of the Browser local cache/db, so if you open Incognito, or another browser you need to reimport:

Search for Veeam unofficial, and select Add to Excalidraw:

Good examples

Let me show a real example from one of my latest conversations with a Customer:

Or, just a normal Veeam diagram, redesigned with Excalidraw. This diagram is about the Backup Flow using DirectNFS

Bonus Track

Of course, and maybe you have guessed, you can combine the best of all worlds, so here you can see the always powerful OBS + DSLR Camera with Green Screen and Chroma Key filter + a Browser with Excalidraw on dark mode with Chroma Key filter. So there you go, a “Lightboard experience” without the complexity of creating that, plus much faster typing and moving the mouse than drawing, especially with the Icons ready to go. Another variant might be adding yourself at the bottom right/left with a solid background, on top of the Diagram:

As said, Excalidraw is a game-changer in all this new era of communication, where a simple, quick, but useful diagram can span the attention of the person at the other side of the screen, which is a big challenge these days.

If you have ideas, or feedback about the current shapes, please comment here :)

26 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I already checked these out.  Nice work as it will be another quick way for diagramming instead of Visio.  Something for presentations as you have noted on online sessions. :smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Wow, very nice. And an interesting tool. I will try it out.

Thank you, Jorge :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I already checked these out.  Nice work as it will be another quick way for diagramming instead of Visio.  Something for presentations as you have noted on online sessions. :smiley:

Looking forward to seeing your diagrams soon, Chris!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow, very nice. And an interesting tool. I will try it out.

Thank you, Jorge :sunglasses:

Give it a try and let me know :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

very nice 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Nice work mate!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Wow! What amazing tool. Your artwork is so cool @jorge.delacruz.

Already testing here!

Thanks for share!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jorge.delacruz : Thanks for sharing, Simply awesome !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for sharing. Love the unique hand-made look, similar to Visio but way better that draw.io.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for creating and sharing those icons @jorge.delacruz. They really look nice and fresh, compared to the old fashioned visio shapes :wink:  I didn’t know about Excalidraw so I’ll try it out in the future; the drawings will perfectly fit for presentations or trainings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

wow Jorge this is Magic :) 

Good Post !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

wow Jorge this is Magic :) 

Good Post !!

Thank you, Esteban, they look cool, don’t they? I have just finished a few more that a few Partners requested, the RHV, the DB ones, Cloud, etc. They can be downloaded from here, remember CTRL + S, or just wait a few days until appear on the official excalidraw library place.

:)

This is so fun!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The DB icons are very good to have :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

All the new icons mentioned above have been merged and can be found on official excalidraw :)

By clicking here and then add to Excalidraw you can enjoy them - https://libraries.excalidraw.com/?theme=light&sort=updates#jdelacruz-veeam_unofficial

Happy drawing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

All the new icons mentioned above have been merged and can be found on official excalidraw :)

By clicking here and then add to Excalidraw you can enjoy them - https://libraries.excalidraw.com/?theme=light&sort=updates#jdelacruz-veeam_unofficial

Happy drawing!

Awesome.  I have added them in and signed up for Excalidraw Plus. :smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Happy drawing!

Super 👍🏼

Just playing around with the tool right now. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This is just:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This is just:

:joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Great post @jorge.delacruz , thx for sharing this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great post @jorge.delacruz , thx for sharing this!

Of course, Nico! Appreciated the good words, and hope you like it, and use it in the future, feel free to share some examples :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Great Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Glad someone just added a comment. I somehow missed this last year. Thanks Jorge!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Glad someone just added a comment. I somehow missed this last year. Thanks Jorge!!

Same here! Thanks for putting this together @jorge.delacruz ! I’m late to the party but can’t wait to try these out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Geoff Burke likewise! 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Excalidraw is great if you need to quickly diagram something especially Veeam related for someone to explain, etc.  I love it but still like Visio too.  😋

Comment