Question

Veeam B&R + Pioneer Rekordbox

I've been using Veeam B&R Community for quite a few years backupping my files but I have an issue now which I believe is caused by Veeam B&R. 

I've always used a Windows Agent with Veeam B&R to back up the entirety of my PC to my NAS without any problems.  

A little bit of background story. I've been a DJ for ages and always worked with Rekordbox. It's software that allows you to create a library of your music files where you can create a playlist, adjust cue points and export them to USB. Which never caused any problems with Veeam. However,  I've upgraded my DJ hardware (Pioneer  XDJ RX3) which allows me to connect the DJ gear directly to my music library via USB-C.

What was supposed to be plug-and-play turned out to be quite the hassle. Apparently, Veeam does something with the USB port or the way that Pioneer communicates with the gear which causes the software not to transfer its music files into the RX3. 

Whenever I remove Veeam B&R completely it works perfectly fine. But as you can guess.. no backup to NAS storage (B&R is needed as a repository orchestrator). 

I can run the agent only and back up to local disks just fine and the Pioneer software would work also just fine. But as soon as B&R is installed with all its components, the software simply cannot transfer music files to the DJ gear. It connects (its called a link between the Pioneer Software and gear)  just fine but simply cannot transfer its files. 

I know this is probably a long shot but is there a way or function that I am overseeing that I can turn off so this would work again?

0 comments

Be the first to comment!

Comment