Veeam 100 Summit - Day 4

• 9 November 2023
  • 3 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

This was the day of Veeam backup for the public cloud. Unfortunately, I missed it as I had to catch my flight early, but I could be able to get the presentations for this day.

Shared Features

For the service account update, I'll start with granular permissions.

It is the ability to select granular permissions/allowed actions for the service account. It is an automatic discovery of new subscriptions (Microsoft Azure)

Here are some benefits:

Worker updates

Custom and predefined tag support. It is the ability to assign predefined or custom tags to workers.

Benefits:

DynamoDB Support for Veeam Backup for AWS

Ability to back up DynamoDB tables. Data is stored in the AWS Backup Vaults (similar to EFS). Backup, backup copies, and archiving (cold storage)

RDS to S3 Support

Ability to back up Postgres to S3. Data is stored in native Veeam format. No additional licensing is required (only VBR integration). Built-in the current RDS policy.

Private Deployment Mode

Ability to disable public connectivity. Backup to S3 over private VPC endpoints. Applies to VBR integration

Virtual Network Support for Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure

Ability to back up Virtual Network configuration data. Data is stored in the Veeam Backup configuration database. Single policy for all Virtual Networks. New Virtual Networks are added to the policy automatically. Scoped to subscriptions.

New Messaging Service

A new messaging service is now used for workers communication. ServiceBus is still there but will be deprecated in the next release.

Enhanced Security

Ability to use Storage Queues as a messaging service. Requires creating new endpoints (Microsoft.Storage.Global) when Storage Queues are used.

New Database support for Veeam Backup for Google Cloud

Cloud Spanner database backup and granular restore

Protect all databases on Spanner instances, with flexible and granular restore options including recovery of Spanner multi-regional replica configurations.

That was the last day of this great event. Of course, there is still more to write about in separate blog posts. This update was huge to be a minor update.

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I think the AMA session was good. Too bad you missed it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Chris.Childerhose This session was on top of my list. Unfortunately could’t make it because of my flight. But it seems very useful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose This session was on top of my list. Unfortunately could’t make it because of my flight. But it seems very useful.

Yeah, it was useful.  Not many answers came of the questions, but it was good dialogue.

Comment