Veeam 100 Summit - Day 2

• 9 November 2023
  • 1 comment

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

This day was mainly about VBR 12.1. With focusing on the most important topic nowadays: Security.

Stating with immutability improvements, consistent immutability in Scale-out Backup Repository (SOBR)

Dell Data Domain Retention Lock support with DDBoost protocol.

Here, compliance mood required and automatic retention lock "OFF"

HPE StoreOnce Catalyst Copy Immutability. It is actually available since V12.

Configuration backup immutability on object storage

KMS Integration

Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) is a client/server communication protocol for the storage and maintenance of key, certificate, and secret objects.

Veeam checked with the following KMS servers:

Some other flash announcements, like long-waited support for NSX-T

Random machine testing for SureBackup.

You can now select your all VMs and choose specific numbers to be processed randomly.

I know I had to take better photo for this particular feature since I personally asked more than one time in the community.

Login2License. You can now login with your Veeam account to obtain license automatically instead of license file.

Unattended installation

Actually, this is tricky as this feature already there since V12, but probably no one noticed the "SILENT" folder.

Because sometimes during the installation, you may not aware which before which. Veeam prepared answer file sample to put your inputs and voila....here we go.

AI Assistant

Yes, you got it right, Veeam server now has AI chatbot assistant.

AI assistant is trained on Veeam documentation. So, don't test it with random question :) . Noting that: to use this feature, Server must has access to the internet.

I still have lots of announcements from this amazing day, but I preferred to write about in separate blog posts, like CDP, AIX, Solaris, Linux, MAC agents, and Object storage as a backup target.

1 comment

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Very nice summary for the Summit. 👍

Comment