VUG Canada January - Topics

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Since we are working to align a date for January I wanted to reach out to get some input on topics. I know Rasmus has wanted to do another VUG with us again so he might be the guest speaker.

I am not sure if v12 will be out when we hold this but if so maybe we can dive in to some topics there. All feedback is welcome. 😁

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hmm Topics.

I’ll be starting the journey into object storage for the first time and SOBR so if that hasn’t been done to death I’d be interested. 

SureBackup is always a popular topic I find and underutilized by many

V12 obviously 

Getting into some more theoretical or performance tuning would be cool too.  SAN, Fiber, Zoning, Server config, LUN design etc. - all Veeam related would be a VERY interesting topic. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Those are some great topics and ideas.  I will be making a list so keep them coming.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi!

just for give you an idea and a hand on this, I would love to assist to an event and listen to a few discussions like

• Remote backup and replicas in another DC or Location, for DR for example
  • Cloud Storages, different vendors and differences, like hot, cold and archive
  • Tips and tricks (kid of best practices, but realistic ones) for small and medium deploys (usual ones)
  • “How important is that Veeam Backups are self contained” you can recover just with the backups and a new installation, no extra metadata or info needed
  • Examples, labs and playing around With scenarios and options.

I would love to attend to a VUG Canada, but im far far away!

maybe one day, even vacations or work!

I hope it helps.

cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi!

just for give you an idea and a hand on this, I would love to assist to an event and listen to a few discussions like

• Remote backup and replicas in another DC or Location, for DR for example
  • Cloud Storages, different vendors and differences, like hot, cold and archive
  • Tips and tricks (kid of best practices, but realistic ones) for small and medium deploys (usual ones)
  • “How important is that Veeam Backups are self contained” you can recover just with the backups and a new installation, no extra metadata or info needed
  • Examples, labs and playing around With scenarios and options.

I would love to attend to a VUG Canada, but im far far away!

maybe one day, even vacations or work!

I hope it helps.

cheers!

This will be online so you can attend from anywhere if you like. Thanks for the topics and input.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi! Here’s a Friday afternoon brainstorm of topics for future VUG Canada meetings:

• Veeam Backup For Salesforce
  • Veeam Backup for AWS/GCP
  • Security BPs for the various Veeam products
  • Automation (Infrastructure as Code, IaC) for building and managing backup infrastructure
  • How to access and use Veeam REST APIs 
  • VSPC
  • VDRO
  • Veeam ONE (top 10 reports?)
  • VEM BPs

@Chris.Childerhose Let me know if I can help you in any way. I’m looking forward to the January meeting!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi! Here’s a Friday afternoon brainstorm of topics for future VUG Canada meetings:

• Veeam Backup For Salesforce
  • Veeam Backup for AWS/GCP
  • Security BPs for the various Veeam products
  • Automation (Infrastructure as Code, IaC) for building and managing backup infrastructure
  • How to access and use Veeam REST APIs 
  • VSPC
  • VDRO
  • Veeam ONE (top 10 reports?)
  • VEM BPs

@Chris.Childerhose Let me know if I can help you in any way. I’m looking forward to the January meeting!

Those are some great topics we can look at.  If you want to help out, then contact @Madi.Cristil about possibly becoming a Co-Leader with me on the VUG Canada.  I know Geoff was one but think he dropped off and I am unsure if we have anyone else.  Would be great to work together on these with you @HangTen416  😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Rest API’s would be a really cool topic. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Rest API’s would be a really cool topic. 

Yeah, that is another one I have on my list I think (if not will be added).  😂

Comment