VUG Canada - February - Topic Chosen!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Well after thinking it over the next VUG Canada meeting scheduled to be early February has a topic!

We will be discussing all things Tape!  Yes, that is right tape is not dead and we will have a discussion around where things are, where they are going, etc. with a guest from Veeam.

Hin and I look forward to seeing many people at this meeting so once the post goes up be sure to sign up! 😎

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

As someone who uses TSM, Veeam, has a few TS4500’s and about 18PB of tape this excites me :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

As someone who uses TSM, Veeam, has a few TS4500’s and about 18PB of tape this excites me :) 

Glad to hear about the excitement.  We use a few tape servers now with PBs of data in them within a short time and they are only growing.   One service is Veeam specific too with tape.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I think Tape will never die. There are so many great use cases for it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I think Tape will never die. There are so many great use cases for it. 

Exactly.  I am hoping this topic will interest many to get some good attendance.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

One thing I would like to know is if Veeam ever came up with a way to report on exactly what was on a tape. Before Cloud Connect Tenant to tape jobs when I was using file to tape this was an especially bad problem because we were told to use a Sql query. Then were was the issue of a report for how much data any given Tenant had on a tape. Could be these issues were solved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

One thing I would like to know is if Veeam ever came up with a way to report on exactly what was on a tape. Before Cloud Connect Tenant to tape jobs when I was using file to tape this was an especially bad problem because we were told to use a Sql query. Then were was the issue of a report for how much data any given Tenant had on a tape. Could be these issues were solved.

I am truly hoping VONE v12 solves this issue and will have to see how v12 handles it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

These are good questions we can pose to the speaker. Keep em coming!

Comment