Question

Veeam Community- Localhost allowing anyone to login

Userlevel 1

Hello, I have version 12 installed on a Server in our domain.  I have checked the users and roles area and am unable to determine how this is happening, but anytime I enter correct active directory credentials for a user, I am able to authenticate in the console and it works fine? 

What can I do to resolve this? 

32 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

To @Chris.Childerhose point → You can install B&R on a Windows PC (Win 10, 11, etc.). Do everything possible to get it off of the domain controller.

And your production domain

Best,

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

How do you import settings that just pertain to the console, without having all the stuff transfer ? 

No settings to transfer as those are stored in the DB on the VBR server.  You just need to install the console and connect to Veeam server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

No settings to transfer as those are stored in the DB on the VBR server.  You just need to install the console and connect to Veeam server.

That would not solve the situation „get the backup server off the domain controller“.

@mschreiberjr

Please see this user guide page. It explains how to migrate the backup server and it’s configuration to another machine.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/vbr_config_migrate.html?ver=120

best,

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That would not solve the situation „get the backup server off the domain controller“.

@mschreiberjr

Please see this user guide page. It explains how to migrate the backup server and it’s configuration to another machine.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/vbr_config_migrate.html?ver=120

best,

Fabian

I get that but if you read the thread he has no other server to use it on.  I was just answering the console question and know he needs to get it off the DC.  🙄

Userlevel 1

I can try to migrate the whole thing to a separate Virtual Machine, but I dont expect that to go well.    I just dont have the hardware. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I can try to migrate the whole thing to a separate Virtual Machine, but I dont expect that to go well.    I just dont have the hardware. 

Just be sure that the VM meets the minimum requirements for CPU/RAM, etc.  Best of luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes Rick, Unfortunately I have no other units that can be used to host the recovery console.  It appears it requires too much memory / cpu etc. to even consider on my end, unless I am wrong. 

In this case, get a Mini PC, this works greatly! From what you have said, I can tell your environment is not so big. Therefore, use Acemargic and can serve your needs. This is a need addition to my lab and can vouch for it.

Comment