Solved

veeam cdp

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey guys, 

I have a customer who has deployed veeam backup in two locations for backing up their workloads. Both veeam servers were on a different version(v11a and v11). A month ago the server running v11 ran into a issue and was cleared and I performed a patch update to make sure that they don’t run into that issue. This week we wanted to run a veeam cdp on v11a but the target server we tried to add issued a warning saying the target machine actively refused it. Does the patch update in v11 has something to do with it because this patch update has cdp support for vsphere or is it because of an issue from vmware?

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 11 March 2022, 11:27

View original

6 comments

Hi there,

Can you tell us a bit more of information?

I mea, how is refusing the connection?
Veeam? vcenter? the host?

also would be helpful a little draw or picture.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Anandu. A few comments:

Once you’ve got these bits out the way, if the issue persists we can start talking log outputs etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Anandu Same problem as this thread

vCenter server warning | Veeam Community Resource Hub

Can you give feedback?

thx m8

@Anandu This error "he target machine actively refused it" as already said is a generic error .

• Have you restarted vcenter (Windows)? XD:scream:
  • Wrong NAT?
  • It could also be asymmetric routing?
  • Vcenter local Firewall?
  • Firewall roles?

First you need to check the connectivity.

tests all ports required for CDP flow

• try to do a telnet with the ip of the VCenter on port 443, if it does not respond it is FW between networks, FW on the vcenter

• try to do a tracert with ip of the Vcenter check how many hops it does and if it stops is a clue.

Then if there is connectivity check the user used if it has all the necessary permissions.
As mentioned by @BertrandFR  check the logs! the gospel :D
GL

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi there,

Can you tell us a bit more of information?

I mea, how is refusing the connection?
Veeam? vcenter? the host?

also would be helpful a little draw or picture.

vCenter

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If it is the vCenter giving the message, then I would definitely look for blocked ports and/or missing user permissions.

If it is the vCenter giving the message, then I would definitely look for blocked ports and/or missing user permissions.

Right, also check the certificate, if self signed look at vcenter, or te generate it and re add vcenter to veeam.

Comment