Question

String was not recognized as a valid Boolean

Userlevel 1

Hello

I have installed Veeam backup 12.1.1.56 on a vsphere vm.  The backup service is running, but I cannot open the console.
I am getting in the screen:  String was not recognized as a valid Boolean
I have no issue with enterprise manager, it can be logged into.

Will be glad for advice
Thank you 
Keren

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What version of Windows are you using on the VBR server?  Also are you using Postgres or SQL Server for the database - is the service running?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you also tried rebooting the server/VM to see if that helps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You can check the logs too here - C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup to see what might be causing this.  I am sure I have seen this before so trying to find the details.  😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Keren -

I found a Forums post which states it could be something with a user.config file in your AppData folder. See this post what Egor (PM) suggests to do. Obviously, in the path he references, yours would be 12.1###. Basically, you’ll just need to change the name of the user.config file. Try that and see if it works. Just to be safe, make sure to take a snapshot of the VM before attempting the change.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

Windows Server 2016 standard.  Using Postgres and postgresql-x64-15 is running  ( along with all veeam processes)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

Windows Server 2016 standard.  Using Postgres and postgresql-x64-15 is running  ( along with all veeam processes)

Ok that is good.  I would next check what Shane posted to see if that helps.

Userlevel 1

@Chris.Childerhose  thank you,  I tried reboot and that did not help.  Which specific log should I check? 

@coolsport00    thank you I will check 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose  thank you,  I tried reboot and that did not help.  Which specific log should I check? 

Look in the Backup folder and there is a subfolder called Console.  In that is the host folder and logs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok.. Keep us posted. 

Comment