Skip to main content
Solved

Install cdp i/o get error about viburl certificate not trust

Hi All,

I tried to build cpd lab, and while I install cdp i/o get  error about viburl certificate not trust, event if I install it manaual.

I'v setup dns and /etc/hosts to resolv.

Anyone can give some recommend?

esxi 7 and 8 , veeam 12

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@nsofl.chen

what version of VCSA ?

For CDP to work properly all Veeam components and ESXi components need the following:

• an a record configured with a FQDN
  • A ptr (dns) record
  • All Veeam components and vSphere vCenter/VCSA and ESXi hosts must be able to resolve each other by IP address and FQDN

I will link you my guide if you are interested

[GUIDE] How to deploy CDP v.11 step by step | Veeam Community Resource Hub

Requirements and Limitations - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Installing I/O Filter - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Installing I/O Filter for CDP - Veeam Cookbook

let me know thanks

@Link State ,

My  VCSA was built in VCF 5.1 (8.0u3), first all esxi and vcsa are the sam ver , after I install cdp got error, I installed another esxi 7u3 to try to install cdp i/o vib, but is the same error.

I’ve try post the url to broswer and it need to click  accept the Unauthorized certificate to download the vib file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@nsofl.chen

what server is win2019-ad.ms2019.lab ?
port 33034 should be used to contact the esxi host and Vcenter, as per the documentation.

check logs veeam.

Ports - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Are you compliant with these requirements?
Supported Platforms and Applications - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Correlating VMware Cloud Foundation version with the versions of its constituent products (broadcom.com)

@Link State ,

Thank you for your reply, win2019-ad is a backup server that veeam installed,

I tried to use wget command to download veecdp files, it can be download with param --no-check-certificate, so I guess it is related with certificate, I guess.

[root@vcf-mgmt-esxi01:~] wget --no-check-certificate  https://win2019-ad.ms2019.lab:33034/dapi/bundle/8.0.0/veecdp-offline-bu
ndle.8.0.0.zip
Connecting to win2019-ad.ms2019.lab:33034 (10.36.198.177:33034)
saving to 'veecdp-offline-bundle.8.0.0.zip'
veecdp-offline-bundl 100% |*****************************************************************************| 5123k  0:00:00 ETA
'veecdp-offline-bundle.8.0.0.zip' saved

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@nsofl.chen 

it is definitely a certificate trust issue.

I honestly don't remember having this problem with CDP installation on my VBR. Is your veeam server joined in AD?

@Link State ,

Yes, it was installed on my ad server for lab, I try to upgrade to 12.1.2 now, and try again later.

if any update, i’ll report that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ok, istall vbr on separate Vm standalone in workgroup. Install vbr on Domain controller is not a best paracrice.

@Link State ,

After I upgrade veeam to 12.1.2 , the cdp i/o vib can be installed successfully, it is really need to see the Specification Requirement!

Thank you for your help,too.

Comment