Skip to main content
Solved

Install cdp i/o get error about viburl certificate not trust

Hi All,

I tried to build cpd lab, and while I install cdp i/o get  error about viburl certificate not trust, event if I install it manaual.

I'v setup dns and /etc/hosts to resolv.

Anyone can give some recommend?

esxi 7 and 8 , veeam 12

@nsofl.chen

what version of VCSA ?

For CDP to work properly all Veeam components and ESXi components need the following:

• an a record configured with a FQDN
  • A ptr (dns) record
  • All Veeam components and vSphere vCenter/VCSA and ESXi hosts must be able to resolve each other by IP address and FQDN

I will link you my guide if you are interested

[guide] How to deploy CDP v.11 step by step | Veeam Community Resource Hub

Requirements and Limitations - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Installing I/O Filter - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Installing I/O Filter for CDP - Veeam Cookbook

let me know thanks

@Link State ,

My  VCSA was built in VCF 5.1 (8.0u3), first all esxi and vcsa are the sam ver , after I install cdp got error, I installed another esxi 7u3 to try to install cdp i/o vib, but is the same error.

I’ve try post the url to broswer and it need to click  accept the Unauthorized certificate to download the vib file.

@nsofl.chen

what server is win2019-ad.ms2019.lab ?
port 33034 should be used to contact the esxi host and Vcenter, as per the documentation.

check logs veeam.

Ports - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Are you compliant with these requirements?
Supported Platforms and Applications - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Correlating VMware Cloud Foundation version with the versions of its constituent products (broadcom.com)

@Link State ,

Thank you for your reply, win2019-ad is a backup server that veeam installed,

I tried to use wget command to download veecdp files, it can be download with param --no-check-certificate, so I guess it is related with certificate, I guess.

ndle.8.0.0.zip
Connecting to win2019-ad.ms2019.lab:33034 (10.36.198.177:33034)
saving to 'veecdp-offline-bundle.8.0.0.zip'
veecdp-offline-bundl 100% |*****************************************************************************| 5123k  0:00:00 ETA
'veecdp-offline-bundle.8.0.0.zip' saved

@nsofl.chen 

it is definitely a certificate trust issue.

I honestly don't remember having this problem with CDP installation on my VBR. Is your veeam server joined in AD?

@Link State ,

Yes, it was installed on my ad server for lab, I try to upgrade to 12.1.2 now, and try again later.

if any update, i’ll report that.

Ok, istall vbr on separate Vm standalone in workgroup. Install vbr on Domain controller is not a best paracrice.

@Link State ,

After I upgrade veeam to 12.1.2 , the cdp i/o vib can be installed successfully, it is really need to see the Specification Requirement!

Thank you for your help,too.

Comment